latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Not getting it right…

Home Forums Community Forum Not getting it right…

This topic contains 37 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 2 months ago.

Page 2 Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Oct 11th, 2012 at 3:28 pm #28158
Greg Dalberri
Username: GregD

** – PLEASE PLEASE – MAKE SURE YOU CATCH UP ON THE PREVIOUS COMMENT **

Ok, I ran another test.

I logged out of the admin WP site.
I cleared all cache and cookies and history…etc.
I purchased as a customer.
I received all the appropriate emails and could register.
I was able to log in.

STILL NO AWEBER connection.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!

Greg

Posted: Thursday Oct 11th, 2012 at 5:18 pm #28166

Sorry I didn’t get to your post yesterday.

Got it on the purchase going all well and only having the AWeber problem.

Did you try the server thing mentioned in my previous post? http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/not-getting-it-right/#post-27496

In the AWeber custom parser that you created for s2Member, I noticed an unchecked box that says “Enable parser for all lists in this account” under the “Save” button. Maybe you need to check that to enable it? I don’t know if there’s a setting required to tie a list to the parser…

And have you contacted AWeber support asking them about this?

Other than that, I don’t know what else to suggest. s2Member is sending AWeber the email, and the custom parser in AWeber works when tested, so the user should be getting added to the list. :/

Posted: Friday Oct 12th, 2012 at 2:11 pm #28260
Greg Dalberri

I have done all of those things.

At this point I would like to request a refund.

I have been more than patient and co-operative. The script simple does not work for me with the advertised ‘out of the box’ features.

I haven’t asked for any special coding or tweaked anything. All of my settings match, system requirements are there. This is just not working as advertised.

I think the integration with Aweber must be looked at and might need to be integrated using their new API system, it is an updated and better system to work with. It’s also more current.

I know that technically there are not supposed to be refunds, but as a vendor myself, when things just won’t work, for whatever reason, there should be recourse.

I am so disappointed that it didn’t, although every other membership script offers a refund within 30 days, I chose s2Member as you all had some features I was looking for ‘out of the box’.

I hope you can understand where I am coming from. Please pass this along to who you have to so we can arrange the refund. It was purchased on Paypal and returning it there would be perfect.

Thanks again for your help and I appreciate it.

Greg

Posted: Saturday Oct 13th, 2012 at 1:22 am #28300

I’ll forward the request to Jason.

I have done all of those things.

What did the AWeber support people tell you when you went over this with them? After all, s2Member is sending the email to AWeber, as shown in your email log, so the problem then is on their side.

I think the integration with Aweber must be looked at and might need to be integrated using their new API system, it is an updated and better system to work with. It’s also more current.

Yes, we are using the API for the new integration with AWeber for the new s2Member in development.

Posted: Saturday Oct 13th, 2012 at 10:38 am #28335
Greg Dalberri

What Aweber said was that the requests coming in were not following their rules. Otherwise they would have been placed on the list. They were really trying to get me to move away from parsers and have something custom coded using their API.

So the email going to Aweber is formatted incorrectly, at least according to them.

Yes, I turned on the ‘reverse DNS’ on my account as well.

I appreciate you forwarding the request to Jason. I have been going back and forth with you on this since Sept. 25. This really is enough time to have solved this. It isn’t even something that should need to be solved as it is advertised as an out of the box feature. I see many others are having issues with it as well. I hope your future versions have it whipped.

I however have spent the past 3 weeks working this out and failing. I have to move to another solution.

Thanks again for all your help and patience. I know I did everything I could to accommodate you.

Greg

Posted: Saturday Oct 13th, 2012 at 4:49 pm #28350

What Aweber said was that the requests coming in were not following their rules. Otherwise they would have been placed on the list.

So the email going to Aweber is formatted incorrectly, at least according to them.

I see, but were they guessing this or did they see the requests?

When I suggested the article on solving AWeber problems, did you try the carbon-copy hack to get a the email that s2Member sends to AWeber? Knowledge Base » Debugging the AWeber integration

/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2hacks.php
[hilite pre_code]

[/hilite]

Did you get the email copy? Did you see the format?

What happens when you copy it and paste it in the test box for the email parser? What happens when you send it from that email address to the AWeber one?

One site owner tried that, emailing that copy he got to AWeber, and the user got added, although the one sent from the server didn’t (because of the RDNS setting).

Yes, I turned on the ‘reverse DNS’ on my account as well.

Got it that you activated the reverse DNS. Did you verify that it matches your domain name? http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/aweber-custom-email-parser-not-working/#post-11723

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 12:04 pm #28853
Greg Dalberri

Still haven’t heard back about the refund.
I never was able to get it working properly and had to launch after spending over a week with you trying to get it working out of the box.
Would really like the follow up of a refund. I really feel this one is legit as we both could never get it to work with the advertised features ‘out of the box’.

Thanks.

greg

Posted: Friday Oct 19th, 2012 at 6:51 am #28976

Greg, I emailed Jason, but he’s been absent for a while, so he’s catching up with emails.

I still need you to answer the questions I made that are pending. If the AWeber integration is working for the rest of the site owners using it, then it’s not a normal issue in s2Member. Yes, some have some difficulties, but those are addressed in the article that was linked to earlier in the conversation. You said having tried them all and still not been able to get subscribers to be added to your AWeber list, so I need to get more data.

Like I said, the email from s2Member to AWeber does go out, as the Email Log showed, and the custom email parser does work in the test interface, so what’s up to s2Member is working. AWeber’s support rep says that the API should be used because it’s better, that’s okay, but that doesn’t mean the email parser doesn’t work, it’s still a valid method of integration with them.

What I suspect is that the AWeber support rep didn’t look close enough to find the problem. Like saying that the email sent to them by s2Member is not being formatted correctly, which is not true, since it works for the rest and it works in the email parser’s test. That’s why I asked if they were seeing or guessing this.

I asked if you did the carbon-copy hack in my previous post, because this is another thing that confirms the email going out and its format, and enables the test of forwarding it to AWeber from your email account to see if the person is added, which I’d like you to try. And did you confirm that your reverse-DNS returns your exact domain name?

I need these answered, it has to be s2Member’s fault and no working solution been given, for the refund to be considered, otherwise no exception is done to the no-refund policy. It is possible that you don’t get s2Member to work in your particular installation, but because of factors outside of s2Member’s fault, which seems to be the case here.

But even if it’s not s2Member’s fault and the problem is with something else, we want to get this working for you as much as you want it working. Having this unsolved is undesired for us too. I really want you to have s2Member working for you.

I’ll be waiting for your answers to the pending questions, while waiting for Jason’s input. Thanks! :)

Posted: Thursday Oct 25th, 2012 at 11:13 pm #29732
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

@ Greg Dalberri

I’ve just reviewed your request for a refund. We’ll be happy to process a refund for you, but only if the following conditions are met please (see our NO REFUND policy below). Cristian has asked you to confirm some additional questions related to the issue you’ve been having with AWeber. To our knowledge, there is no bug in the s2Member integration with AWeber. If we find there is, we’ll be happy to refund your money. In the mean time, please continue the conversion with Cristian. I feel that he is on the correct path to resolving this for you. That path is aimed at identifying the underlying cause, which we are not convinced is an issue with s2Member at this time. If that view changes, a refund will be processed for you.

REFUND POLICY / DIGITAL GOODS
Since s2Member® is offering non-tangible, irrevocable, digital goods; we generally do NOT issue refunds. During checkout, upon clicking the “Submit” button, your purchase is charged to the credit/debit card that you supplied. All sales are final. You cannot cancel a purchase or receive a refund for a purchase. Please test the free version of our products before purchasing.

However, we will consider a refund within the first 30 days of your purchase, if you are unable to install a Product. Or, if the Product fails to perform basic functions, as designed. And, you HAVE already worked with, and followed all advice presented by our support team, in an effort to resolve these issues. Any refunds that are processed, will be granted at the sole discretion of s2Member®. No refunds will be given after 30 days from the initial purchase whatsoever. By purchasing a Product at s2Member.com, you agree to the terms of our Refund Policy. You cannot cancel a purchase or receive a refund for a purchase.

FYI: AWeber integration is a feature that comes with the free version of s2Member, which can and should be tested prior to your purchase of s2Member Pro. That being said, I understand your desire to have the AWeber integration working properly on your installation. That’s what we all want here. If you are unable to get AWeber functioning after following ALL advice presented by Cristian (or another support rep), please submit your installation details and I’ll run diagnostics for you, or process a refund; we’ll leave the choice to you.

See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Thursday Oct 25th, 2012 at 11:26 pm #29733
Staff Member

@ Greg Dalberri

So the email going to Aweber is formatted incorrectly, at least according to them

That statement (or assumption perhaps), implies that emails sent to AWeber are formatted incorrectly. That seems like an odd statement to me, because the email that is sent to AWeber is processed by your own Custom Email Parser on the AWeber side of things. Thus, the only way that an email could be formatted incorrectly, is if the Custom Email Parser is unable to process it; and you have full control over your Custom Email Parser.

Taking the above into consideration, it becomes obvious that your Custom Email Parser is failing to parse incoming emails sent by s2Member; from your server to AWeber (because we’ve already confirmed that the s2Member software IS sending the email commands to AWeber).

I suppose the issue could be attributed to a hangup in email communication protocols (either on your own server, or on the AWeber side), but it’s most likely caused by a faulty Custom Email Parser integrated on the AWeber side. I suggest reviewing the instructions we’ve presented here:
http://www.s2member.com/kb/aweber-email-parser-for-s2member/

If you would like help with this, please submit your AWeber account details via this private contact form, and we’ll review your AWeber account and Custom Email Parser for you. See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 8:43 am #29764
Staff Member

Details received. Thank you.

I logged into your AWeber account and I tested your Custom Email Parser. It seems to be working properly. However, it’s currently NOT activated for any of the mailing lists that exist in your AWeber account?

Please check this box (in your AWeber account) to activate the s2Member Email Parser for one or all of your mailing lists (e.g. normally the one which you’ve integrated with s2Member). The s2Member Email Parser MUST be active in order for AWeber to parse incoming emails sent in this s2Member format.

Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 8:44 am #29765
Staff Member
This article has been updated with copy/paste text to assist site owners in creating the s2Member Custom Email Parser. Article resides at:
http://www.s2member.com/kb/aweber-email-parser-for-s2member/
Viewing 12 replies - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.