latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Not redirecting to membership page.

Home Forums Community Forum Not redirecting to membership page.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Aug 11th, 2012 at 6:01 pm #21791
Echomango
Username: echomango

I am stumped. I placed my WP site in the root directory, made the index page static and protected it with level 1. Any attempt to go to the index page results in the expected redirect to the membership page. I then chose a page for posts to be sent, and protected that page with level 1. Then I created a post and restricted it to level 1 in the edit page section using the “Post Level Restriction?” drop down in the upper right. When I log out and try to access the page as a “non-logged in user” I can still see the text of that post in the posts page. Shouldn’t it redirect to the membership page? Am I missing something simple here?

I copied the same post into the static index page and tried it. It redirected just fine. This leaves me wondering if there is something special about the page dedicated to receiving new posts. Is there some switch that needs to be thrown to have that one restrict in a similar manner?

When I use this conditional in the post

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level1)]  

it restricts it as I would expect. It shows the title but none of the content and when the title is clicked you are redirected to the membership page.

I could simply use that conditional with all of the posts but I think I would be better off learning what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Echo

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Aug 12th, 2012 at 12:17 am #21806
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Echo,

The ‘Posts Page’ is a special page in WordPress. s2Member cannot protect these Special Pages by default, but if you need to hide the content in the posts page, you’ll need to modify the posts page code and use the conditionals to check if the user has access.

Posted: Sunday Aug 12th, 2012 at 11:30 am #21816
Echomango

Aha! Thank you. That solves that one. Is there a way to simply turn off the posts page?

Posted: Sunday Aug 12th, 2012 at 11:55 am #21817
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Echo,

Actually, yes there is. Under WP Admin -> Settings -> Reading there will be an option to use a static page for the front page.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Aug 12th, 2012 at 1:01 pm #21818
Echomango

I realized the answer to my own question. In the drop down box to choose what page to redirect the posts to you can simply not choose a page and leave the drop down blank and the posts are no longer sent to any page.

Echo

Posted: Sunday Aug 12th, 2012 at 1:05 pm #21821
Eduan

Glad you solved your problem Echo. :)

Posted: Sunday Aug 12th, 2012 at 3:47 pm #21825
Echomango

LOL! Sorry Eduan! I got bitten by my cache! Maybe bitten in the cache? Got my cache kicked? Ok, i’ll stop. Thanks for your help with this and sorry I missed your solution.

Echo

Posted: Sunday Aug 12th, 2012 at 5:43 pm #21830
Eduan

No problem Echo, I suggest you clear your cache atleast twice a day. ;)

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.