latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

One member can't access videos

Home Forums Community Forum One member can't access videos

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday May 20th, 2012 at 11:44 pm #14037

I have pages available to free subscribers that contain streaming videos using JW Player and CloudFront. They work fine, except for one user in Singapore.
She was able to set up an account, but then couldn’t get back in, so I reset her IP Restrictions (even though there were no restrictions on her account), and then she was able to log in again.
Now she can see the page, but can’t see the streaming video. She gets the “File not found or Access Denied” error message.
Any idea why just one person would have this problem?
Should I just ask her to open a new account under a different user name?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 11:46 pm #14138
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi John,

I cannot think of any reason why that would happen. I’d suggest recommending to her that she clear her browser cache and try again. If that doesn’t work, creating a new account and testing again would be the next step.

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 11:34 am #14606

Thanks, Raam. She tried that and is still having problems, even logging in from several different computers.

She’s getting this error message:
503: Service Temporarily Unavailable
Too many IP addresses accessing one secure area!
Please contact Support if you need assistance.

An idea what would cause this? Our site is very new, so there aren’t many users accessing it.

Thanks.

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 11:46 pm #14654

Hi John.

It is possible that her ISP gives her a new IP address everytime she gets online, like in dialup, resulting in way more IPs than the limit allows her.

It’s also possible that the ISP is blocking the video’s address in some way. Are you in Singapore too, or do you have another user there that could tell if he’s having the same problem or being able to watch the video?

Posted: Saturday May 26th, 2012 at 12:02 am #14655

Thanks, Cristian. I’m in California, but I’ll ask her to check with her ISP.

Posted: Saturday May 26th, 2012 at 12:14 am #14656

Cool.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.