latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

One s2Member and TWO MC lists?

Home Forums Community Forum One s2Member and TWO MC lists?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 1:20 pm #25820
cassel
Username: cassel

I would like to send out some auto-responders to members who join my site through a specific page, because they registered for THAT content in particular (it is NOT a paid product, but free access if they register so obviously, if they join there, that is what they want). Is there a way to have a login from one page to go to a different list in MailChimp so that only those interested in THAT product/information would get the auto-responder related to that product/information?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 6:04 am #25899
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

The WordPress login itself is site-wide, not page specific. If you need to subscribe people to different lists, then you should use different membership levels for each signup, as each membership level can be assigned a different list.

Posted: Saturday Sep 22nd, 2012 at 5:12 pm #26135
cassel

Maybe that could be a way around but… i need to verify something first: i currently have NO protected content a Level 1 member can go without a ccap (except the Level 0 stuff). All my buttons and pro-forms are associated with a ccap and all the protected content is conditional to a ccap (so i am using only level 1 for that). If i was to create a Level 2, to use a different list, will it override the ccaps or will the Level 2 member see the protected content ONLY if it has the ccap too?

Posted: Sunday Sep 23rd, 2012 at 7:10 am #26172

Cassel, if you stored the ccaps to the user’s MailChimp profile as merge fields, then you could filter the list by that when you email them.

Posted: Sunday Sep 23rd, 2012 at 7:44 am #26178
cassel

I am not using a paypal button generated by s2M to get them to register; i am using MC form directly onto the page and then the s2M+MC plugin to create the account in s2M (kind of the reverse method but it looks better to use the MC form than the s2M form on the side). So this would not allow me to use ccaps in that situation.

I think i could configure it to go to Level2 (as Raam suggested) and it would be ok as long as i can be sure that the Level2 user who would have no ccap would not be able to see the content protected for the Level1 users with ccaps.

However, i am VERY interested in “adding ccaps to the user’s MailChimp profile as merge fields”. I thought it was not yet possible. Can you explain how to do that? I sure could use that for other buttons instead of doing it manually!

Posted: Sunday Sep 23rd, 2012 at 12:14 pm #26193
cassel

I am still interested in the ccaps and merge tags in MC for other parts of my site.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  cassel.
Posted: Monday Sep 24th, 2012 at 8:14 am #26295
cassel

Is the Level2 overriding the ccaps of Level 1 members? or are the ccaps still protecting content from lower levels? Which one is taken into account first?

Posted: Monday Sep 24th, 2012 at 8:54 pm #26380

Just did the test myself: protected a page at level 1 and with a ccap, and the restriction applied was Page at level 1, the ccap wasn’t mentioned in the vars. Then I logged it with an Level 1 account and the ccap restriction was applied.

So the ccap is checked after, at least with the Page restriction, but both are applied.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.