latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

online purchase problem

Home Forums Community Forum online purchase problem

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Elizabeth (Support Rep) 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 10:12 am #25299

This morning I entered credit card info to purchase S2 Pro. It showed an error. I worked to correct errors and wound up with 4 purchases according to card account info, two of which were negated. I could not proceed for a down load and have not received an email for download or in relation to error. rich@ag-finacial.com

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Sep 15th, 2012 at 8:35 am #25410

Hi Richard.

I’m notifying Elizabeth in Accounts so she takes a look at this. :)

Posted: Saturday Sep 15th, 2012 at 1:53 pm #25429
Staff Member

Hello Richard Posson,

Thank you for contacting the Support Center.
We do not have a paid completed transaction listed under your name or email address.

If you are showing pending charges on your credit card account, they are temporary authorization attempts.
We have not collected, and are not planning to collect any funds from you.
Most authorizations expire after 24 hours; please contact your financial instutition and have them remove those holds.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,
Elizabeth

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 10:08 am #25567

The credit card company showed only two pending charges. The online statement was that they do not allow requests to terminate pending transactions. There is a five business day waiting period. They said the problem was at the merchant end. That the merchant could terminate the hold. I would like to purchase your product ASAP as we are close to launching a site. I am concerned if I wait for the 5 days, and then if I enter the same card at your site and the gateway error occurs again then I am set back by a further amount of time. I have used this card for years with several online transactions per month and have not had this problem with any other online merchant. Is there another way to make a purchase. Or can one of the pending transactions be allowed at your end. Richard Posson, rich@ag-financial.com, 386-785-1585.

Posted: Tuesday Sep 18th, 2012 at 4:13 pm #25726
Staff Member

Thank you for your reply.
We can not release a temporary hold. Regardless of what your bank said, please understand that we have no way a releasing a temporary authorization. i.e. There is no charge to refund, the card was declined. Other customers have successfully removed these authorizations by contacting their bank.

The reason your card was declined both times is as follows, this is the message, that your financial institution relayed to us.:

This transaction cannot be processed. Please enter a valid Credit Card Verification Number.

Your Credit Card Verification Number is a 3 or 4 digits number in the back of your card.

Please enter the correct verification number from the back of your credit card or contact your bank regarding this message.
Other solutions may include using a different card, or opting for PayPal at checkout.

Best regards,
Elizabeth

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.