latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Passing Membership Levels Through Multi Site

Home Forums Community Forum Passing Membership Levels Through Multi Site

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 12th, 2012 at 5:03 pm #25075
VegasKev
Username: vegaskev

I have a project where I’m building a content based membership area in the main portion of the site http://www.MainSite.com and I want to pass their membership levels over to other areas of my network such as http://Support.MainSite.com. This way I know what level of membership they have, so I can determine what level of support to offer them. How would I go about doing this? Is there any documentation on this that I can study up on before I start writing the additional code and making membership badges to add to user tables n stuff?

Thanks in advance.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Sep 13th, 2012 at 1:38 am #25119
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Kevin,

While s2Member is compatible with WordPress Multisite Networking, the sites within a WordPress network are separate and not interconnected. That means you cannot share users, logins, or other data across the sites (including access control).

Please see the following from WordPress.org:

The sites in a multisite network are separate, very like the separate blogs at WordPress.com. They are not interconnected like things in other kinds of networks (even though plugins can create various kinds of interconnections between the sites). If you plan on creating sites that are strongly interconnected, that share data, or share users, then a multisite network might not be the best solution.

The s2Member Multisite feature allows you to offer the s2Member plugin to sub-sites, giving your sub-sites the ability to setup and use s2Member on their own. When you upgrade s2Member on the primary site, the s2Member plugin is automatically updated for all your sub-sites. However, things like access restrictions on one WP installation are not shared across WP installations (again, the WordPress Multisite feature itself isn’t designed to work like that).

There are plugins that allow you to get around these WordPress Multisite limitations, however they may or may not work with s2Member.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.