latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Payment date change with subscription change?

Home Forums Community Forum Payment date change with subscription change?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  cassel 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Sep 30th, 2012 at 1:10 pm #27021
cassel
Username: cassel

I am in the process of offering a GOLD membership to my current members. Their recurring payments are not all on the same day as it depends on when they registered in the first place. If they change membership (the GOLD version will just add more access AND increase the monthly fee), will the recurring payments stay on the same day it currently is, or will it change to the day the opt for the new membership?

In other words, if Suzy had her payments go through on the 28th day of the month, and today (the 30th) she goes for the GOLD membership, will she end up having to pay today and all other 30th of the month, or will she only be charged the new fee on the 28th of the next month?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 7:29 am #27052

It’d change to the new date, it’s a new subscription.

A way to make it match the current one would be to use the initial term for as many days as needed to start the first regular term on the same day of the month as the previous membership. You can use some PHP in the shortcode to calculate this. http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1604

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 1:23 pm #27099
cassel

Hum.. since everyone likely has a different date of payment, that solution wont work, right? Or is there a way to just change the paypal AMOUNT without changing the date?

It also means that if someone paid their regular monthly subscription yesterday, and they click the button for the new subscription today, they will be billed again today even if it is only 24 hours after the last payment?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  cassel.
Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 7:13 pm #27153
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

As Cristian mentioned, you need to dynamically configure your upgrade form so that it charges the correct amount and “delays” the full recurring payment until whenever their payment date occurs by using the Initial/Trial period. This will require some delicate PHP programming.

With PHP you can read the date the user paid (you can find info about the user with Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› PHP/API Constants), calculate when the next payment will occur, and then determine how many days they need to be charged and how much.

So for example, if Suzy had her payments go through on the 28th day of the month, and today (the 30th) she goes for the GOLD membership, your dynamically configured upgrade form would know to charge her only the difference in the cost of the two memberships and then start charging the full GOLD amount on the 28th of next month.

This is certainly tricky to set up, but s2Member makes available all the information you need to programmatically make such calculations and, as Cristian pointed out, the Pro-Forms can be dynamically configured so that all of this is automated.

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 7:16 pm #27157
cassel

This is still a bit confusing for me, and a tiny bit above my comfort zone. Would you mind showing me the actual code for that??

The “problem” i have is that from what i understand (and i probably dont understand correctly) it is the time when the member paid to reach that level (in my case, level1) BUT i have several products that are associated with Level1, and all have ccaps, but only ONE has a recurring membership. So, how can i extract THAT particular date?

Also you are mentioning the pro-form. I could not find where to get a php version of the pro-form. Where is it?

Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 3:24 am #27295
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

This is still a bit confusing for me, and a tiny bit above my comfort zone. Would you mind showing me the actual code for that??

As I mentioned earlier, this is tricky to set up. It’s not a simply snippet of PHP code that I can give you as an example. It will have to be custom coded to your specific scenario.

The “problem” i have is that from what i understand (and i probably dont understand correctly) it is the time when the member paid to reach that level (in my case, level1) BUT i have several products that are associated with Level1, and all have ccaps, but only ONE has a recurring membership. So, how can i extract THAT particular date?

How can you extract which particular date? The date for a ccap? For an upgrade? For a recurring membership? What has a recurring membership? The ccap? The Level?

As you can see, this is why I mentioned it’s tricky. It requires a full understanding of how you’re setting things up and using them. That’s why we recommend hiring a programmer to work with you if you’re not comfortable with PHP.

Also you are mentioning the pro-form. I could not find where to get a php version of the pro-form. Where is it?

You don’t need the PHP version of the Pro-Form to dynamically create a Pro-Form. Each of the Pro-Forms are generated based on the attributes you pass to the shortcode (e.g., level=”1″ generates a Level 1 Pro-Form).

Using PHP, you can dynamically configure those attributes before the shortcode generates the form, allowing you to do things like determine what price, recurring rate, initial/trial period, level, ccaps, etc., need to be configured for the user loading the form. For example:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="<?php echo $level; ?>" ccaps="" desc="Bronze Member / Description and pricing details here." ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="example.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

Jason explains more about how the dynamic shortcode attributes work here.

Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 6:24 am #27323
cassel

How can you extract which particular date? The date for a ccap? For an upgrade? For a recurring membership? What has a recurring membership? The ccap? The Level?

Yeah, i was refering to the date for the recurring membership payment. From what i could read, there was information on initial registration, registration at a specific level and such, but for a specific transaction that is not “new registration” or “registration to Level1”, but just “yet another transaction that happens to be a subscription, possibly after having purchased something else at that same level”, it didn’t seem possible.

Using PHP, you can dynamically configure those attributes before the shortcode generates the form, allowing you to do things like determine what price, recurring rate, initial/trial period, level, ccaps, etc., need to be configured for the user loading the form. For example:

Hum… i’ll have a play with this one because when i inserted some php code initially (or the programmer did), i got an error so he suggested the shortcode could not contain php. We’ll look again.

Thanks. I am sure i’ll be back! :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.