latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal And Submit Buttons Visible?

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal And Submit Buttons Visible?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 10th, 2012 at 1:44 pm #18825
VegasKev
Username: vegaskev

For some reason, my paypal and submit buttons are available. I have just added paypal as a secondary payment method (but haven’t released it yet, because of this issue). Please help me understand the “why” of this and the “how” to correct it. Thanks in advance.

https://digitalblogworld.com/paypal-signup?s2-ssl=yes

If you need to check the other form as well to compare, it is an authorize.net form and you can view my “choose your payment method” page here:

http://digitalblogworld.com/choose-your-payment-method/

…again, thanks in advance for your help. I can’t seem to find a similar thread so far.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 4:50 am #18890

Hi Kevin.

That orange submit button is not s2Member’s, did you add it? It’s better if you style the button s2 has there instead of replacing it.

About PayPal showing up in the options, if you’re using the PayPal pro-form, then it can’t be removed. The way I understand it, PayPal requires PayPal to always be a option for payment method.

I hope that helps.

Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 3:57 pm #19067
VegasKev

The “submit” button was automatically generated per the theme styles, same as on the other form which can be viewed here on the Authorize.net pro form:

https://digitalblogworld.com/sign-up/

I’m just trying to figure out why the paypal pro form decided to pull a paypal button and a submit button as well. Any thoughts?

Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 2:02 am #19126
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Kevin,

As Cristian mentioned, PayPal requires us to show their PayPal checkout button when checking out via PayPal; this cannot be changed. If you wish to modify the submit button that shows up on the Pro-Forms, you’ll need to dig into the Pro-Form templates (see Pre Sale FAQs » Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?).

Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 2:38 pm #19183
VegasKev

@Raam:

Thank you for your response. I completely understand that PayPal is requiring this. I’m cool with that. But having both buttons makes no sense to me (unless I’m missing something, which is entirely possible). Would it ruin the functionality to simply remove the “submit” button on that specific form using css or is that not a good idea? It is confusing new members and causing support issues. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Posted: Saturday Jul 14th, 2012 at 6:01 am #19228
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Kevin,

If you’re referring to the orange submit button next to the PayPal button, then yes, you should be able to get rid of that. I don’t even know why it’s there as it’s not part of s2Member.

Posted: Monday Jul 16th, 2012 at 12:59 pm #19378
VegasKev

It’s from the PayPal Pro Forms. It’s the same submit button as on the Authorize.net Pro Form which you can view here:

https://digitalblogworld.com/sign-up/

I didn’t add the button, that button was generated automatically. That’s what I’m trying to say. I made the pro forms pages through S2 Member and those buttons appeared. I understand that they can be removed, I’m posting here to find out HOW to remove the one on the PayPal Pro Form because it is confusing my customers.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 5:49 am #19463
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Kevin,

The orange submit button is not being added by s2Member.

On the PayPal Pro forms, there are two possible buttons that you will see s2Member create: the yellow PayPal Checkout button (shown when the user selects the ‘PayPal’ billing method) and a “Submit Form” button (shown when the user selects any of the other billing methods).

If you try selecting the Visa billing method, for example, you’ll see that s2Member’s ‘Submit Form’ button appears next to your orange submit button.

If you modified the Pro-Form templates and added a submit button, then that’s probably where it’s coming from. Otherwise, I’m really not sure. Perhaps your theme or another plugin is manually adding that button in there.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 2:35 pm #19547
VegasKev

Odd.

It’s the exact same “Submit Form” button that was automatically generated on the authorize.net pro form which you can view here:

Authorize.net Pro Form Here

As you can see, this is the exact same “submit form” button that is displayed alongside the paypal checkout button on the page in question here:

PayPal Pro Form Here

Here is the shrotcode for my authorize.net pro form:

[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="1 Month @ $199.00 / then $199.99 USD / Monthly ( recurring charge, for ongoing access )" cc="USD" custom="digitalblogworld.com" ta="199.00" tp="1" tt="M" ra="199.99" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" accept="visa,mastercard,amex,discover" coupon="" accept_coupons="1" default_country_code="US" captcha="0" /]

And here is the shortcode for my paypal pro form page:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="1 Month @ $199 / then $199 USD / Monthly ( recurring charge, for ongoing access )" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="digitalblogworld.com" ta="199" tp="1" tt="M" ra="199.99" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="1" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

I know there must be a reason this is happening and I’m confident that we can figure it out.

By the way, I’ve done zero customization to the template. The only thing I did to the pro forms is make my selections for ssl, fees, etc. and generate a shortcode accordingly. That’s really it.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 6:07 am #19603

Kevin, I see the orange button being styled by this file https://digitalblogworld.com/wp-content/themes/flare/css/skins/default.css?ver=3.4.1

It’s probable that your theme is adding that button. Could you do a quick test changing the theme to the default TwentyEleven and refresh that page to see if the orange button is still there?

Posted: Thursday Jul 19th, 2012 at 11:41 am #19759
VegasKev

I know the button is being styled by the css, but I don’t see how the stylesheet can generate a button that isn’t set to be there in the plugin files?

Posted: Friday Jul 20th, 2012 at 3:35 am #19803
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Kevin,

I’m running a clean installation of s2Member right now and that button isn’t there. Unless you modified some of the s2Member files, it’s definitely not coming from the s2Member plugin.

Posted: Friday Jul 20th, 2012 at 1:54 pm #19845
VegasKev

I guess that means I’m stuck, as I have not modified any S2 member files what-so-ever. :/

Posted: Saturday Jul 21st, 2012 at 6:20 am #19880

I know the button is being styled by the css, but I don’t see how the stylesheet can generate a button that isn’t set to be there in the plugin files?

That button is not just styled by the theme, it’s put there by the theme. It’s not an image, the whole button is a styled link ([hilite mono].button[/hilite] class). So try using the default theme as a test and see if the button’s still there. After you canfirm it, you can ask the theme developer how to not have it added anymore, I guess.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.