latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

PayPal Checkout Page Description is BLANK

Home Forums Community Forum PayPal Checkout Page Description is BLANK

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jun 13th, 2013 at 8:32 pm #51919
87soccerb
Username: 87soccerb

Hey guys, I would really like some updated information on the blank checkout page if a user decides to pay with PayPal using the S2Member Pro Form version of S2Member. It will take them to the PayPal checkout page, but there is no order summary, which is a big problem. I am using recurring payments through the PayPal Pro, PayFlow edition.

Otherwise, the charge works just fine for my “test” user – worked according to the time frame I established, charge went through just fine. Everything worked otherwise, I was real happy to see that.

So … its just the order checkout/summary page when a user pays through PayPal (using the S2Member Pro forms) now that’s blank and has no description, that I need to fix and have no idea how to fix. I’m all set up and excited to use your software for my website, but this is the last step for me thats still unresolved.

Thanks,
Brandon

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jun 14th, 2013 at 5:03 pm #51973

This may be related to PayPal ignoring the description s2Member is giving in some cases. But it does display something, just not what s2Member told it. Could you please show me a screenshot of what the page looks like? Thanks!

Posted: Friday Jun 14th, 2013 at 6:40 pm #51978
87soccerb
Username: 87soccerb

alright, so this is what I get when the user purchases the recurring subscription with their paypal account:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/14xOt269Yn6HIbpZtiqNls-_PcPNH5hnefbpyzuBqTA01EBfoxsZOA9fG959f/edit?usp=sharing

Posted: Saturday Jun 15th, 2013 at 5:58 am #51988

Thanks for the screenshot. Yeah, it’s the same thing, it just says “future payment”. When I asked Jason about the description not being there, he told me:

Jason Caldwell: It’s there, it just says “Future Payment”; which is confusing I know; but that’s not because we did not provide a description; it’s because PayPal’s interface ignores the description we sent over (when it comes to a Billing Agreement). I’m going to try again to improve this, but I’m not optimistic right now.

I see you left a reply in the other thread about this. I’ll update it as soon as Jason finishes going over that with the PayPal people and I have news. http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/paypal-order-summary-not-populating/#post-51843

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.