latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal error – Unable to decrypt certificate

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal error – Unable to decrypt certificate

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 15th, 2012 at 7:33 am #19297

Hello,

I’ve read up on this topic on this forum as well as the web. Most everyone seems to think that some characters get introduced or deleted when copy-paste-ing the Paypal button code. I’ve tried to copy-paste as carefully as I can by different methods too, but still get this error. Copy-paste has worked so well in creating all the web pages of my site, I can’t imagine this is presenting such a subtle problem here.

I’ve tried to create a button for “Specific Page access”, created the Paypal button, then tried to test it out going to Paypal. It never goes to Paypal, gives this error. Please help, anyone. Thanks
Hari

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jul 16th, 2012 at 7:36 am #19346

Hi Hari.

Could you please post here the shortcode you generated for your Specific Post/Page button? And if possible, also the URL of the page where you’re using the shortcode, please.

If you prefer to keep them private, please use the contact form. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Thanks. :)

Posted: Monday Jul 16th, 2012 at 8:33 am #19353

Hi Cristian,
This is a problem that users have had since a very long time. My killer developer cracked this problem over the weekend. I’m posting the solution here for the benefit of everyone.

This is how it is done…

STEP 1:-
As usual, the short code is generated by the S2Member Paypal post/page specific button area.
Example shortcode generated:

[s2Member-PayPal-Button sp="1" ids="3629" exp="8760" desc="Global Money Machine" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="hackertrading.com" ra="75" image="default" output="button" /]

Step 2:-
Copy the code and paste it to a page and change the keyword BUTTON to URL (Look at output field)

[s2Member-PayPal-Button sp="1" ids="3629" exp="8760" desc="Global Money Machine" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="hackertrading.com" ra="75" image="default" output="url" /]

Step 3:-
Save the page and click on view page to see the page output. In the page, you will see a similar URL too..

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&encrypted=—–BEGIN+PKCS7—–MIII2QYJKoZIhvcNAQcEoIIIyjCCCMYCAQExggEwMIIBLAIBADCBlDCBjjELMAkGA1UEBhMCVVMxCzAJBgNVBAgTAkNBMRYwFAYDVQQHEw1Nb3VudGFpbiBWaWV3MRQwEgYDVQQKEwtQYXlQYWwgSW5jLjETMBEGA1UECxQKbGl2ZV9jZXJ0czERMA8GA1UEAxQIbGl2ZV9hcGkxHDAaBgkqhkiG9w0BCQEWDXJlQHBheXBhbC5jb20CAQAwDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEBBQAEgYAZociDe37o4uZlW919K3cduElJenU2sEoQlYpfEbzSGBc6VjUF%2ByNuBq7y%2FTB%2BG%2F1PH8mjFHSrsJ2xXfmHRLA4jA3WEYmwdo6fRVcJFm0pxN4i%2Bmc4dMTJerRbvMDwVgSUI1V0y1CAVQND26RPZsnPcirMtgJmxH23rpgLaXorWDELMAkGBSsOAwGwgBSWn3y7xm8XvVk%2FUtcKG%2BwQ1mSUa6GBlKSBkTCBjjELMAkGA1UEBhMCVVMxCzAJBgNVBAgTAkNBMRYwFAYDVQQHEw1Nb3VudGFpbiBWaWV3MRQwEgYDVQQKEwtQYXlQYWwgSW5jLjETMBEGA1UECxQKbGl2ZV9jZXJ0czERMA8GA1UEAxQIbGl2ZV9hcGkxHDAaBgkqhkiG9w0BCQEWDXJlQHBheXBhbC5jb22CAQAwDAYDVR0TBAUwAwEB%2FzANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQUFAAOBgQCBXzpWmoBa5e9fo6ujionW1hUhPkOBakTr3YCDjbYfvJEiv%2F2P%2BIobhOGJr85%2BXHhN0v4gUkEDI8r2%2FrNk1m0GA8HKddvTjyGw%2FXqXa%2BLSTlDYkqI8OwR8GEYj4efEtcRpRYBxV8KxAW93YDWzFGvruKnnLbDAF6VR5w%2FcCMn5hzGCAZowggGWAgEBMIGUMIGOMQswCQYDVQQGEwJVUzELMAkGA1UECBMCQ0ExFjAUBgNVBAcTDU1vdW50YWluIFZpZXcxFDASBgNVBAoTC1BheVBhbCBJbmMuMRMwEQYDVQQLFApsaXZlX2NlcnRzMREwDwYDVQQDFAhsaXZlX2FwaTEcMBoGCSqGSIb3DQEJARYNcmVAcGF5cGFsLmNvbQIBADAJBgUrDgMCGgUAoF0wGAYJKoZIhvcNAQkDMQsGCSqGSIb3DQEHATAcBgkqhkiG9w0BCQUxDxcNMTIwNzE1MTc1MTQ1WjAjBgkqhkiG9w0BCQQxFgQUq2BkNid2g7E26yFQHuTqC8caTMIwDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEBBQAEgYBd3fRFrTJLPhzH6IttBiTg8tDtz7kVic%2BLQFzZI4WzOB5zbMAuUR0EKfIJU%2FOpH2LwCkBxb%2FCsxo6t9Y0qXS1os%2FV8qiMr0eZAjDLJS19g4yxYnj8E%2F%2BLFNiP2ownvUDKkFryt7DoWY64g4Eu5n%2F5Kk1RSyag8uzY4saHavMfSmA%3D%3D—–END+PKCS7—–

Step 4:-
Simply copy the above url and make it as a hyperlink to a buy now image button or text. Done and it works….
You can check out how this looks on my site http://www.hackertrading.com/shop
Site is still under construction, but you can see the Paypal stuff. Clicking on the Paypal will take you directly to Paypal without the error. Now just so everyone is clear, this probelm generally happened only if you turned “encryption” on in the s2member settings and the Paypal side. If you don’t set the encryption to ON, then this problem does not seem to occur (at least for me).

Anyway, feel free to post it to your other members as well.
Cheers
Hari Swaminathan

Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 4:43 am #19455
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Hari,

Thank you for posting the solution!

Awarded Hari Swaminathan the Helpful badge.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.