latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal Express Checkout Upgrade & Coupon

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal Express Checkout Upgrade & Coupon

Tagged: 

This topic contains 42 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jun 22nd, 2012 at 5:41 am #17168
Alex Read
Username: lab41

Hi

After reading and reading and reading your forums I am still stuck.

I offer tests for people to do.

Level 1 = Free Test
Level 2 = Paid. $3 once off for 1 month access to these tests.

When a user wants to upgrade they go to /membership-options/ page. Here they can choose to upgrade.

There needs to be a paypal button. (Which I had when using Free S2member, now I have upgraded to PRO)

To get to this page you need to be registered, and at level 1 already.

When you click on the button it should popup and have a form with:
1) Coupon Code
2) Ability to Express Checkout and Pay without sigining in for Paypal.

Currently, I tried using Paypal PRo Forms for billing modification, as well as Paypal Pro Forms for Level 2 access, but they require all the users details again! It should just have coupon code, and express checkout button.

How do I do this???

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  Alex Read.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jun 23rd, 2012 at 6:56 am #17239

Hi Alex.

The pro-form, when the user is logged in, has the profile fields, but prepopulated. You could use CSS to hide this section of the pro-form. If you’re just using Express Checkout, then you can also hide the billing options section.

If you’re selling a subscription, as is the case with PayPal Standard, the user will be asked to login to his PayPal account. Buy Now transactions can be paid without logging in to PayPal, though.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Jun 23rd, 2012 at 9:37 am #17247
Alex Read

Hi Cristian

Thanks for quick response.

1) You say “Buy Now” transactions – where do I get the button for this? Under Paypal Pro Forms? (I want people to pay a once off $3 for a month access, non recurring)
2) How do I enable “Express Checkout”
3) Although I am logged in, it is not prepopulating the fields.

My goal is to have a paypal button for logged in users. They press button, there is popup. It has field for coupon code, and cost and a buy now. They press button and it let’s them express checkout without signing up for paypal.

How do I do the above?

Alex

Posted: Saturday Jun 23rd, 2012 at 10:54 pm #17265

1) You say “Buy Now” transactions – where do I get the button for this? Under Paypal Pro Forms? (I want people to pay a once off $3 for a month access, non recurring)

You can generate the Buy Now button with the generators here:[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Membership Level # Buttons[/hilite]

In the dropdown where you select how often, go to the middle of the list, where the Buy Now options start.

2) How do I enable “Express Checkout”

If you use buttons, it’ll be PayPal Standard. If you use the pro-forms, you can use Express Checkout. Pre Sale FAQs » To use s2Member® Pro Forms, will I have to use PayPal® Pro?

3) Although I am logged in, it is not prepopulating the fields.

In the pro-form? What fields? Could you take a screenshot?

My goal is to have a paypal button for logged in users. They press button, there is popup. It has field for coupon code, and cost and a buy now. They press button and it let’s them express checkout without signing up for paypal.

The pro-form will be where you put the shortcode for it in WordPress. if you need it in a popup, you’d have to create the popup to put the pro-form in.

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 10:57 am #17283
Alex Read

How do I do “1) You say “Buy Now” transactions – where do I get the button for this? Under Paypal Pro Forms? (I want people to pay a once off $3 for a month access, non recurring)”

It seems in your one answer, you tell me to use paypal standard button ‘You can generate the Buy Now button with the generators here:Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Membership Level # Buttons” , and in the very next, you tell me to use pro forms “If you use buttons, it’ll be PayPal Standard. If you use the pro-forms, you can use Express Checkout. Pre Sale FAQs » To use s2Member® Pro Forms, will I have to use PayPal® Pro?”.

Which is it?

Alex

Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 4:40 pm #17292

It can be either one, button or pro-form. I mentioned them both because in (1) you said button, but in (2) you asked about Express Checkout, which requires the pro-forms. Either one can do Buy Now transactions, they both have the drop down I mentioned.

Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 11:57 am #17381
Alex Read

How do you set express checkout as opposed to normal checkout?

I have set:
Pro Form Generator For Level #2 Access

“$0.01 USD / One Time ( for 1 month access, non-recurring )”
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="2" ccaps="" desc="Silver Member / Description and pricing details here." ps="paypal" lc="ZA" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="salearnerslicense.co.za" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="1" default_country_code="ZA" captcha="0" /]

But where do I set express checkout?

Will it pre-populate fields for existing level 1 members?

Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 11:27 pm #17445

In your PayPal integration you’d use your Express Checkout API credentials. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options[/hilite]

And you have to edit the [hilite mono]accept[/hilite] and [hilite mono]accept_via_paypal[/hilite] attributes in your shortcode, like this:

[hilite pre_code]
[[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="2" ccaps="" desc="Silver Member / Description and pricing details here." ps="paypal" lc="ZA" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="salearnerslicense.co.za" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" coupon="" accept_coupons="1" default_country_code="ZA" captcha="0" /]]
[/hilite]

Will it pre-populate fields for existing level 1 members?

If the user is logged in, his profile fields will be prepopulated in the pro-form, yes.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 3:18 am #17487
Alex Read

Hi

I have set up Paypal API.

This is the page I get http://salearnerslicense.co.za/paypal-test/

Is this correct?

Now I just need to hide all the extra fields…Where do I do this?

Thanks

Alex

P.s. I’m nearly there! :-)

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 6:28 am #17513

This should do it:

Pre Sale FAQs » To use s2Member® Pro Forms, will I have to use PayPal® Pro?

Tip: If you ONLY offer PayPal® Express Checkout, you might like to hide the entire Billing Method section of your Pro Form. This can be accomplished via CSS, with the following style. This goes into your theme’s style.css file.

[hilite pre_code]
div.s2member-pro-paypal-form-billing-method-section {display: none;}
[/hilite]
Posted: Thursday Jun 28th, 2012 at 6:21 am #17735
Alex Read

Hi Christian

We have added that code to our stye.css and it is still showing all the fields.

I have now integrated the popup, but need to hide all the extra fields.

Any other ideas?

Can I p.m you the access details so you can check?

Posted: Friday Jun 29th, 2012 at 3:16 am #17828
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Alex,

Looking at your test page, it appears that the CSS you added is not being loaded.

Please try adding the following right above your Pro-Form shortcode on the WordPress Post/Page (you’ll want to make sure you’re using the HTML editor and not the Visual editor when adding the code):

<style type="text/css">
#s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-form-billing-method-section { display: none; }
</style>
Posted: Friday Jun 29th, 2012 at 3:41 am #17833
Alex Read

Hi

Question 1:
Can you check that I have added paypal express checkout? I want people to be able to pay with their credit cards without signing up for paypal.

Questions 2:
I have added required code, and it is still displaying the fields. Please can you check. If send me an email to alex ( a ) lab41.co I can send you access details so you can see backend.

Question 3:
I have a different payment method, that I need to talk to S2Member. I.e. when payment received it gives members access to level 2. I have setup a notification page URL, where it will send a success message to “http://salearnerslicense.co.za/?s2member_boxpay_notify=1&#8221; will this work?

Many Thanks! Really trying to complete this last phase of website today if possible!

Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 5:38 am #17921
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Question 1:
Can you check that I have added paypal express checkout? I want people to be able to pay with their credit cards without signing up for paypal.

I was unable to test your PayPal account because when I tried doing a test signup on http://salearnerslicense.co.za/paypal-test/ I received the following error:

Error #10002. Security error. Security header is not valid.

This could be caused by using the wrong credentials or trying to connect to the Sandbox API URL using the Live credentials or vice versa. You should double-check that you’re using the correct API URL + account details.

Questions 2:
I have added required code, and it is still displaying the fields. Please can you check. If send me an email to alex ( a ) lab41.co I can send you access details so you can see backend.

I just looked at the test signup page again (http://salearnerslicense.co.za/paypal-test/) and the other payment options are no longer showing (see screenshot below). That would indicate the CSS is working.

Question 3:
I have a different payment method, that I need to talk to S2Member. I.e. when payment received it gives members access to level 2. I have setup a notification page URL, where it will send a success message to “http://salearnerslicense.co.za/?s2member_boxpay_notify=1″ will this work?

Are you integrating your own custom payment processor? If so, you’ll need to handle the s2Member integration yourself. In other words, you’ll need to add the necessary code to s2Member to accept the IPN messages from boxPay. Please see Pre Sale FAQs » Can I add support for other payment gateways?

Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 6:10 am #17929
Alex Read

Hi Raam

1) I have checked paypal API credentials. Sandbox Testing = No. (Under Paypal Options). They were all correct. Can you check if the express checkout is working? What else should I check?
2) Custom Payment Gateway – I have hired a developer to do this. We had it working on Free S2Member, but when I upgraded to pro it broke it! We are trying to see what caused it to break. Basically, it is not telling s2 member that payment was successful.

Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 7:29 am #17944
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Alex,

It’s possible that the Security Header error is the result of your custom integration. I have no way of “checking if Express Checkout is working” on your account until I can perform a test checkout.

My only suggestions for resolving the Security Header error message are to recheck your PayPal IPN and PDT integration settings (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration and Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® PDT Integration) — make sure all the settings match correctly (API username, password, signature, etc.). You may also want to enable logging (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging) and see if anything useful shows up in there.

With custom integrations like the one you’re doing, it’s hard for us to diagnose problems, as they may be related to the custom integration. As per our support policy, we’re unable to assist with diagnosing custom integrations. To test if the custom integration is causing problems I suggest setting up a second test site using a fresh copy of the s2Member plugin and testing from there as well.

Posted: Friday Jul 6th, 2012 at 4:34 am #18426
Alex Read

Hi

We have solved all custom integration issues.

I have also got it so it doesn’t show all the fields.

LAST ISSUE:
It is not prepopulating the fields of the http://salearnerslicense.co.za/paypal-test/ when you try and check out, it is then asking for them. How do we solve this?

Posted: Saturday Jul 7th, 2012 at 2:59 am #18517

Alex, is the user logged in when he gets there and the fields are empty? The profile fields will be prepopulated only when the user is logged in, because they can be gotten from his profile, otherwise they’ll be empty and need to be filled out in order to create the account.

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 3:49 am #18648
Alex Read

The user is already logged in when they get there! That is the issue!

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 3:59 pm #18701
Alex Read

We have solved the issue!!!

If you go to http://salearnerslicense.co.za/paypal-test/

1) This page gives you access to level 2 membership.

I want to remove the subscribe to newsletter checkbox here as the client has already signed up to get level 1 access. (BUT I want the option to remain for those signing up for level 1)

How do I remove the subscribe to newsletter only for people who want level 2 access?

Posted: Tuesday Jul 10th, 2012 at 12:40 am #18770
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Alex,

I cannot access http://salearnerslicense.co.za/paypal-test/ because it requires a login (the page redirects to the Membership Options page when I’m not logged in).

However, if you want to hide the subscribe to newsletter checkbox, you can add some CSS to the page that hides it. Since I can’t see the page, I can’t tell you what the CSS would be. If you want me to give you the CSS, please provide a test login so I can access that page.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 10th, 2012 at 3:20 am #18781
Alex Read

You can use AlexTester2 and SppirFZUHNUn

Posted: Tuesday Jul 10th, 2012 at 4:57 am #18793
Alex Read

But I want it to show on the free membership signup. I have set it to have tick enabled, which it must stay. So it needs a different setting for the free and the upgrade. free = tick enabled. Upgrade = no tick and hidden.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 10th, 2012 at 4:29 pm #18831
Alex Read

Please note this is the new page we are using for it. http://salearnerslicense.co.za/paypal-payment/

Posted: Tuesday Jul 10th, 2012 at 4:54 pm #18832
Alex Read

These are final issues I need help on:
1) Hide the subscription box to newsletter (while not hiding it on the level 0 signup)
2) I need express checkout.

This is code I have inserted:

<style type="text/css">
#s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-form-billing-method-section { display: none; }
</style>
[features_box_grey width="615px" + border="1px"][s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="2" ccaps="" desc="±R25 for 1 Month to SALearnersLicense Pro" ps="SALearners" lc="ZA" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1"
custom="salearnerslicense.co.za" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="3" rp="1" rt="M" rr="0" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" coupon="" accept_coupons="1" default_country_code="ZA" captcha="0" success="http://salearnerslicense.co.za/thank-you-purchase/" /][/features_box_grey]

BUT it doesn’t offer express checkout. See http://salearnerslicense.co.za/paypal-payment/

It seems that it is still asking for credit card details on the page, when it should be express checkout!

Any ideas?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  Alex Read.
Posted: Tuesday Jul 10th, 2012 at 5:59 pm #18840

I tried to open the page and was sent to the Membership Options. Then logged in with the account you posted above, and the form in the page doesn’t have payment options.

If you are getting all the card options to pick one, even if you don’t have them as options in your shortcode, it is possible that a JS conflict is causing the pro-form to not work properly.

I see that you put the pro-form shortcode nested inside another shortcode ([hilite mono]features_box_grey[/hilite]). Could you try the pro-form ouside the other shortcodes and see if the problem doesn’t happen?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.