latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal IPN Not Communicating With My S2Member

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal IPN Not Communicating With My S2Member

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 9:39 am #17540
Allan
Username: optionsweekly

Hi,

I just realised that my Paypal IPN is no longer communicating with my S2member installation. Hence I am not getting the Payment Notifications and the Cancellation Notifications to work..

I have switched on the IPN enabled in Paypal.

I have checked the IPN history on Paypal against my ” optionsweekly.org/wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs/paypal-ipn.log ”

And found that my last log was on the 14th June.

Please help suggest what I can do to rectify this issue.

Thank you.

Allan

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jun 27th, 2012 at 6:10 am #17633
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Allan,

Please double-check that your IPN integration settings are correct (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration). You may also want to double-check the PDT integration (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® PDT Integration).

Also, in your logs do you see any other log entries after 14th June? Are you certain that there should be other log entries?

Posted: Wednesday Jun 27th, 2012 at 8:22 am #17649
Allan

Thanks Raam,

I did said :

I have checked the IPN history on Paypal against my ” optionsweekly.org/wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs/paypal-ipn.log ” And yes.. there are records which are not found on my log, which are supposed to be there..

Checked your suggestions and doubled checked with Paypal settings. They are good to go.. I should have a payment due soon.. will find out soon.

But seriously they are the same settings as before.. Have not touched them since day 1.

Any other possible reasons?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  Allan.
Posted: Thursday Jun 28th, 2012 at 6:03 am #17734
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Allan,

If it suddenly stopped working with no change on your part, then it’s most likely a problem with communication between your server and PayPal’s server. There are various reasons this could happen, but the most common is related to a missing extension (which can go missing when your web host upgrades the software on the server).

Please download this Server Check Tool, upload the PHP file to your WordPress directory, and then load the URL to the file in your browser. It will run a bunch of tests to determine if there’s anything amiss on the server-side.

Posted: Thursday Jun 28th, 2012 at 6:27 am #17736
Allan
Posted: Thursday Jun 28th, 2012 at 6:48 am #17740
Allan

Raam and crew..

I have just found out.. The day that I updated WordPress to version 3.4 is the day that the Paypal IPN stopped working..

The time matched as well.. Using GMT time as the base..

The last IPN that my s2member received was at 12:48pm GMT 14 June.

I updated my WordPress from 3.3.++ to version 3.4 at 2pm GMT 14 June.

And the next IPN that I was supposed to receive was sent at 3pm GMT 14 June. From then onwards I stopped receiving anything from Paypal IPN. Whilst at Paypal, the IPN History shows the list of those I have not received since..

Please inform also Jason of this… because I think if that is the case a lot of s2member installation may run into this issue.

Funny thing is…… I have another set of (two) s2member installations that shares a Paypal account. And i also updated the WordPress version to 3.4 and the Paypal IPN is still working with the s2member installation. That s2member installation is using http://glft.com/paypal-central-ipn.php, which the script is running well together with another s2member site.

Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Allan

Posted: Friday Jun 29th, 2012 at 5:12 am #17841

Thanks for the report, Allan. I’ll inform Jason.

Could you send your login info using the contact form, in case he needs to check your installation? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 10:00 am #17958
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this request for support.

I’m not aware of any widespread issue that would cause this. However, I’ll be happy to run diagnostics on your installation, if you can please post a Dashboard login and FTP access here:
s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Monday Jul 2nd, 2012 at 3:05 am #18064
Allan

Hi all,

I have sent the contact form with my details..

Just to add on.. a few days ago, I re-setup the Paypal options in s2member and the payment notification emails are starting to appear again..

What I did, was probably re enter the API details into s2member with the Paypal info… (which should be the same)

What I did around the same time is, to upgrade WP from 3.4 to 3.4.1 so my guess is, it could be version 3.4.1 that resulted the difference..

Maybe you may still want to check that.. I have given you the details … Thanks Jason and Cristian.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 6:17 am #18149

Glad to know it’s working again, Allan. Thanks for the update and the info. I’m sure Jason will check it out as soon as he gets to your email. :)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.