latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Paypal Pro Form no longer working

Home Forums Community Forum Paypal Pro Form no longer working

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 3rd, 2013 at 6:34 am #36094

Hi there,

About a month ago the paypal pro forms on our site stopped working properly. When most people try to checkout they get this message – “Error. Please contact Support for assistance.”

Some people do seem to be able to checkout though. I’ve tried with Firefox, Chrome and Safari and run into the same issue.

Any ideas on why this might be happening?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jan 3rd, 2013 at 12:36 pm #36117
Daisy Peel
Username: daisypeel

Mayday Mayday, similar error here, new users can’t use this form, as it says they have to be logged in, but of course they don’t have a username and password yet..

Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 7:08 am #36248

That’s odd. Could you provide more information to understand what’s going on, or to reproduce it? Screenshots would be helpful too.

Do you get anything for these in the logs? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

You can also try these: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 8:29 am #36451

The logs don’t have anything particularly insightful to say… This is what comes up for the failed transactions:

——– Output string/vars: ( Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:01:10 pm UTC ) ——–

array (
‘__error’ => ‘Error. Please contact Support for assistance.’,
)

I’ve attached a screenshot of the error message.

I’ve checked through the common troubleshooting tips. I don’t think it’s any theme or plugin conflicts as the trouble just started suddenly without any changes being made to the site.

It could be related to a security issue we had on our site about a month ago. Our hosting provider disabled our site as there were a couple of vulnerable scripts – since removed. Is there anything they might have changed on the server that could be causing this?

Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 6:19 am #36563

Not sure if it could have affected this… And I understand it doesn’t sound likely that there’s a conflict, but it’s worth testing since there isn’t another idea for a reason yet.

Could you test the suggestions in the troubleshooting article? There’s also a server check tool you could try to see if it spots known problems related to server configurations.

Just that entry in the logs? Aren’t there other entries related to the transaction in other log files?

Did you review the PayPal integration to make sure it’s all still correct? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options[/hilite]

Posted: Wednesday Jan 16th, 2013 at 10:16 am #37725

I tried the server check tool and it mostly passes. Though it did come up with this:

[WARNING] Plugin Directory Checksum (s2member)
Although NOT required, s2Member® recommends that you reinstall the following plugin directory: /home/rghjbrw/public_html/premium/wp-content/plugins/s2member. The checksum for this plugin directory (cc4870a41a3ee6b46af5aed5e36af405), does NOT match up with the official release of this plugin (afc37ccab81c6d39df41e3f6c7737e5c).

I tried deactivating plugins and switching the theme over to twentytwelve, met with the same issue.

Just tried another transaction and this is what i’ve got from the log:

Log entries removed for security purposes. Your log entries contained sensitive information that should be XXXX’d out before posting in the future please. Or you can email us log entries privately. See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

That’s from the paypal-api log. The other two files don’t seem to have updated for this transaction.

Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 1:22 pm #37905
Staff Member

Thanks for your reply :-)

You said that our Server Scanner found this issue on your installation.

[WARNING] Plugin Directory Checksum (s2member)
Although NOT required, s2Member® recommends that you reinstall the following plugin directory: /home/rghjbrw/public_html/premium/wp-content/plugins/s2member. The checksum for this plugin directory (cc4870a41a3ee6b46af5aed5e36af405), does NOT match up with the official release of this plugin (afc37ccab81c6d39df41e3f6c7737e5c).

Yes, this would indicate a problem with your installation. Have you modified any of the s2Member source code files? I would suggest that you re-install the s2Member Framework plugin to ensure that you’re running the latest release, and without corrupt or missing files.

——– Output string/vars: ( Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:55:41 pm UTC ) ——–

array (
‘__error’ => ‘Error. Please contact Support for assistance.’,
)

This error would indicate to me that your server is having some trouble with HTTP connections. I recommend this KB article. Please install the logging routine described in that article and monitor the log file for HTTP connection issues. Feel free to submit your HTTP connection log file privately, so we can help you review. Please see: Knowledge Base » Debugging HTTP Connections

Please submit log files privately in the future. See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 7:14 am #38942

I’ve tried reinstalling the framework before and I don’t believe I’ve modified any of the core files.

I’m about to move our site to a new server so we’ll see if that changes anything. If not I’ll give the http logging routine a try.

I’ll keep you posted.

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 10:36 am #39411

Finished our move to a new server and now the Paypal forms are working fine.

Many thanks for all your help at any rate.

Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 7:13 pm #39563
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

May I ask who your hosting company was before please?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.