latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

paypal question

Home Forums Community Forum paypal question

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Gil Shoam 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 22nd, 2012 at 7:37 pm #29348
Oriol Boan
Username: orboan

Hello,
is it mandatory for the customer to have a paypal account to pay the membership through Paypal? I ask because I read the customer is notified via email, using the email associated with his Paypal account. I need Paypal payment maethod, but without the need of having a Paypal account for the customer, cause this condition will make customers not to finalize the checkout in a considerable number of cases.

Thank u.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Oct 23rd, 2012 at 12:46 pm #29420
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Oriol,

If you upgrade to s2Member Pro and you get a PayPal Pro account, you can accept payments on your website without a PayPal account being required. Otherwise, customers who checkout using PayPal will be sent to PayPal’s website to make their payment.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 23rd, 2012 at 2:27 pm #29443
Oriol Boan

Hi Raam,

Otherwise, customers who checkout using PayPal will be sent to PayPal’s website to make their payment.”

Does this imply that when sent to PayPal’s website it is needed to have a Paypal account? Is possible to make a payment through paypal standard without having a paypal account, i.e., using a credit card?

Thanks for your support.

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 5:52 am #29477

is it mandatory for the customer to have a paypal account to pay the membership through Paypal? I ask because I read the customer is notified via email, using the email associated with his Paypal account. I need Paypal payment maethod, but without the need of having a Paypal account for the customer, cause this condition will make customers not to finalize the checkout in a considerable number of cases.

The thing is that PayPal will require the user to have a PayPal account if you’re selling him a subscription. If it’s a one-time buy-now purchase, then the PayPal account isn’t required.

The only way to not require a PayPal account to sell a subscription, is if you get their paid service for that; I think it’s called DPRP (Direct Payment Recurring Payment), not sure if it has different names depending on whether you’re using PayPal Standard, Express Checkout or PayPal Pro. If you really need this feature, you should contact PayPal to get more information on it and, if you choose to, activate it.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 6:31 am #29484
Oriol Boan

Cristián, yes your info helps, I’ll take a look at what you say. Lots of thanks!

Posted: Thursday Oct 25th, 2012 at 12:13 am #29603

Glad to help. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.