latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Pro Forms using PayFlow & regular PayPal?

Home Forums Community Forum Pro Forms using PayFlow & regular PayPal?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Kristen Symonds 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Aug 11th, 2013 at 11:06 pm #55564

Hi,

We have had loads of trouble setting up Payflow on our website, but I think we are finally on the home stretch!
Via the forums I’ve found what the API credentials correspond to and we were getting the same errors as this previous thread.

We didn’t have referenced payments turned on, but that is now in the process of being activated. So we should be cool with credit card payments when that is complete.

The only problem now is that Payflow does not allow Express Checkout referenced payments in Australia. So, is it possible to use regular PayPal payments (i.e., like the buttons, or like when payflow is not used; user gets sent to PayPal for the payment) + Payflow for just credit cards? In the one form? And if not is it possible to turn off PayPal Express in the form altogether?

The website/payment page is http://boarddirection.com.au/join-now/
I am using a custom checkout template, so if there’s a modification that goes in there that would be good.

Update: I’ve just read http://www.s2member.com/kb/paypal-pro-payflow-dprp-express-checkout/ which says that express checkout can’t be disabled and referencing has to be enabled… If this is true and what I’ve proposed above is not possible then Payflow just cannot be used in Australia. I pray this is not the case!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Kristen Symonds. Reason: additional link

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 7:42 am #55661

I’m afraid Express Checkout has to be an option when using the PayPal Pro form.

Have you asked PayPal Australia how your PayPal Pro (PayFlow Edition) account can work with Express Checkout if Referenced Transactions are not available there? If they’re making PayPal Pro (PayFlow Edition) available and Express Checkout is required, they should give a solution.

About PayPal Standard, it’s not integrated in the pro-forms, but you could try a button next to the pro-form for those that’d prefer to pay that way.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 8:47 am #55667

Hey, thanks for the reply.

It’s not that referenced payments aren’t supported altogether, referenced credit card payments are available, but apparently referenced Express Checkout is not.

As it turns out, since referenced Express Checkout payments are not possible with PayFlow in Australia the Pro form actually redirects to paypal.com when choosing PayPal as the payment method. I wasn’t able to test that properly before because our referenced payments weren’t activated so I was getting all kinds of errors, but that is not the case now…

So I think it’s going to work okay.
It’s so weird though, the PayPal rep is asking me to remove PayPal checkout from the form and just have credit card, but you guys seem to be saying that PayPal has to stay on the form as a requirement of PayPal?

Anywho, as I said, I think it will work okay.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 8:53 am #55668

Actually, I might be wrong. I don’t think referenced payments are defaulting back to PayPal… There is no $$ amount on the PayPal page and the description just says “future payment” rather than the description in the form.

Is it because of some terms of service that the Express Checkout needs to remain or is it a technical issue? I’m going to raise it with PayPal support, I’m just curious as to why she’s asking me to do something that seems to not be able to be done.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 11:25 pm #55716

It is not unheard of that PayPal (or certain portions of the PayPal service) are not available to certain merchants outside the USA. If PayPal specifically tells you it’s OK to remove Express Checkout from your Pro Form, then I would keep a copy of that communication with them for your own reference, and then proceed to remove that option from your Pro Form. I don’t see anything wrong with this, particularly in a scenario where the service is not working as expected due to a PayPal limitation.

The only remaining issue is that s2Member® Pro Forms will try to follow PayPal® policy by not allowing a site owner to remove PayPal® Express Checkout easily. However, it CAN still be done. Here is one way to accomplish this with s2Member® Pro Forms.

The following can be used to disable PayPal as the default payment option in this case.

Please create this directory and file:
/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php
(NOTE: these are MUST USE plugins, see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins)
(See also: http://www.s2member.com/kb/hacking-s2member/)

<?php
add_filter('ws_plugin__s2member_pro_sc_paypal_form', 's2_pro_paypal_form_code');
function s2_pro_paypal_form_code($code)
	{
		$code = str_replace('s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-form-card-type-paypal-label', 's2member-pro-paypal-checkout-form-card-type-paypal-label disabled', $code);
		$code = str_replace('id="s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-card-type-paypal"', 'id="s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-card-type-paypal" disabled="disabled"', $code);

if(empty($_POST)) // Select default payment method (e.g. Card Type option).
			$code = str_replace('id="s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-card-type-visa"', 'id="s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-card-type-visa" checked="checked"', $code);

return $code;
	}
Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 11:30 pm #55717

Actually, I might be wrong. I don’t think referenced payments are defaulting back to PayPal… There is no $$ amount on the PayPal page and the description just says “future payment” rather than the description in the form.

This is normal for a Reference Transaction via Express Checkout. PayPal simply states “Future Payment” because it’s simply an agreement between you and the buyer. This could use some improvement on the PayPal side, I agree. However, it’s not abnormal. What you’re seeing there is the standard they follow.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 9:01 pm #55806

Thanks Mike! You have saved my skin!

That code was perfect.

I will definitely keep the request from PayPal regarding disabling that option so we don’t get in any trouble.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.