latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

protecting content after 'read more' links

Home Forums Community Forum protecting content after 'read more' links

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 1:18 pm #7479

Can S2Member protect content after a ‘read more’ or ‘continue reading’ type link in a post. Where we just give people the first few sentences of a post but to read the rest they have to be a member?

If yes, is this available in both versions?

Also if it is an available feature, how can you control how much of a post appears before the ‘read more’ link? Is that part of the feature or would that have to be programmed into a template/theme?

I would like to purchase this but want to know if there is a way to do this with S2Member. I love how it is integrated well with Buddypress.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 2:59 pm #7496
cassel
Username: cassel

I do not know whether s2Member will protect after the “Read more…” because i never used it (i am just a user), however, to cut off the text in the post, you can just place your cursor where you want to stop the text and click the icon for Insert-More-Tag(Alt-Shift-T).

Someone will surely come and let you know if you can protect the rest of the text. I am pretty sure it can, but never uses it.

Good luck.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 11:12 pm #7516
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jeremy,

This thread from the old forum system should prove helpful:
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16079#p56160

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.