latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Questions re. options + form customization

Home Forums Community Forum Questions re. options + form customization

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 8th, 2012 at 2:33 pm #27817
Ulrich Peise
Username: tony72

Hi there,

I am a noob so it’s probably another one of my rather trivial questions. Thank you for your help in advance.

I am about to launch my product. It’s a comprehensive beginners guitar course. There is no drip-content. However, I would like to offer two options. Option one is full access to the course for 12 months ($69). Option two is lifetime access plus extras ($269). It’s the same product, just two different options.

Question 1: Is there a way for me to customize Paypal Pro forms? Right now, by default the form looks like this:

Link to page with form

I would like to do a few cosmetical changes and I thought I have seen in one of the videos that there’s a way to customize these forms.

Question 2: How would you go about presenting the two options on my sales page?

I don’t even know if that questions makes any sense, but here is what I mean: On my sales page (link is below) I would like to present my visitors with two options. Theoretically, I could just create a form for option 1 and option 2 and put one underneath the other. But I’m not sure if that’s a good way to do it, because the forms are rather big and it may just look very convoluted. Instead, I thought of creating two clickable images/buttons – one for each option. Each button would link to a separate page. Does that make any sense or are there any good reasons why I should stick to presenting both options one one and the same page?

Thanks a lot for you help.

Ulrich

Beginners Guitar Course Sales Page

• This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Ulrich Peise.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Ulrich Peise.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Oct 9th, 2012 at 3:54 am #27861
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Question 1: Is there a way for me to customize Paypal Pro forms?

If you want to style the forms yourself, you can prevent s2Member from loading it’s own CSS for the Pro-Forms and then create your own (see Pre Sale FAQs » How can I prevent s2Member® Pro from loading it’s default CSS?) You can also go as far as modifying the Pro-Form templates (see Pre Sale FAQs » Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?).

Question 2: How would you go about presenting the two options on my sales page

Instead, I thought of creating two clickable images/buttons – one for each option. Each button would link to a separate page. Does that make any sense or are there any good reasons why I should stick to presenting both options one one and the same page?

The separate page method is actually the recommended method, as it’s not currently possible to place two Pro-Forms on the same page (it will cause conflicts). We recommend creating two pages for the two checkouts, and then simply pointing people to the correct one. To see an example of this in action, see the s2Member Prices page.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 9th, 2012 at 7:10 am #27884
Ulrich Peise
Username: tony72

Raam, thank you for your clear answer to both of my questions. I too would prefer two separate pages for the two checkouts – however, conceptually I wasn’t clear if this was okay or cause any issues. Thanks for confirming that this is the way to go.

Thanks.

Ulrich

Posted: Wednesday Oct 10th, 2012 at 4:19 am #27948
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Glad I could clear things up. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.