latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Recurring Billing & User Management

Home Forums Community Forum Recurring Billing & User Management

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 31st, 2012 at 11:03 am #9663

It looks like this may be a great solution for recurring billing. I need the best solution for recurring billing to talk to the members only area. I have the members area already made and functioning while using advanced forms that is a purchased plugin called Formidable. I have 2 recurring billing plans for monthly and a 90 day discount. I also have a Non-recurring that is the same 90 day discount. All membership sales are in the same membership area w/ no restrictions or features. In others words, they look the same accessing the same membership pages. The entire site on on an SSL for many reasons.

It seems that everything s2Member Pro offers is automated, viewed and managed between selecting the purchase plan, checkout, to the members only area.

For now I’m using the business account in PayPal Standard and thinking of using the PayPal Pro or an Authorize.net resellers gateway. To my understanding while using the recurring, I need the PPPro or an Authorize.net Gateway to not alienate my customers. I would also need this if the customer does not want to use a PayPal account and just use the membership users account to manage the recurring billing process or to manage the one non-recurring plan.

If I decide to use one of these gateways, is all the recurring managed in the users membership account to view, cancel or re-submit another CC#? I know Ive read this, I just need to know if I’m missing anything as well.

I need to know the best solution to seamless manage and view everything from the admin to the end user when it comes to the recurring billing and accessing the members only area. I need to limit any time adding users manually in the members area or the recurring gateway just to make them talk.

Recurring billing is the main feature that needs to be managed in the members only area and it seems that I can either use PayPal Pro and/or my Authorize.net Gateways using the s2Member Pro plugin.

Do I need to purchase any other plugins to use and manage anything besides this s2Member Pro and the gateway?

This is a main concern as I have purchased another cart where now I have to purchase another monthly overhead plus additional fees just to manage the recurring billing to make it viewable and manageable. This should be done through the gateway and the s2Member Pro without some additional overhead cost. The PPPro is an additional $30.00 a month for recurring while Authorize is $10.00 a month. This does not include the additional fees that are a part of recurring billing.

Thank you kindly for your support! :)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 2:55 pm #9785
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello Gaper,

Yes, s2Member Pro integrates with PayPal Pro to provide on-site recurring and one-time payments, as well as on-site cancellation and updating of billing information (that means s2Member provides the forms necessary for giving members the ability to update their credit card information or cancel their account without leaving your site).

If a member’s payment fails or their subscription is canceled for any reason, the PayPal -> s2Member integration automatically demotes/deletes the member’s account.

I recommend watching a few of our tutorial videos to get a better feel for how the software works. You may also be interested in seeing the s2Member Pro intro video: s2Member® » Pro » Videos.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 6:31 pm #9815

Thank you Raam for your Reply.

Would this also work the same for an Authorize.net Gateway?

Thanks again Mr Raam Man! ;-)

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 1:23 pm #9883
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Gaper,

Yes, this will work with Authorize.net as well. :)

With s2Member Pro, after activating the Authorize.net Gateway (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Other Gateways), you’ll find the Authorize.net Pro-Forms in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.