latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

registration bug? country resets if error…

Home Forums Community Forum registration bug? country resets if error…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Sep 24th, 2012 at 2:37 pm #26340

during registration, the country drop down menu is set at United States by default. We are a Canadian merchant and have to charge tax on Canadian orders. s2m calculates the appropriate tax and shows the total when Canada is selected as the country (good!). However, if there is any sort of error – for example the wrong credit card info is entered and the error message comes up to re-enter that info – the country is re-set back to United States and the tax is removed from the total. There is no indication to the user that the country changed, and users can then just submit the form and it will be accepted – meaning we did not collect the tax on that user.

How can we fix this so the country does not revert back to United States if there is an error?

THANKS!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Sep 25th, 2012 at 1:33 am #26394
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Mark,

This sounds like it might be a bug in the validation for the Pro-Forms. I’m going to check with the lead developer and get back to you. Thank you for your patience.

Posted: Tuesday Sep 25th, 2012 at 10:00 am #26434

Thanks Raam, standing by…

Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 11:49 pm #27386
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this request for support.

I just made several attempts to reproduce the bug being reported here, but so far I’ve been unable to do so. In all of my tests, if Canada is selected from the drop down list, and the tax is calculated, and then a credit card fails… the country remains set to Canada on our default installation of s2Member Pro with WordPress 3.4 running the default WP theme with no other plugins except s2Member / s2Member Pro.

If problems persist, I would suggest that you run FireBug on your site, to test for the existence of any JavaScript errors in other parts of your site (i.e. perhaps another plugin has introduced a JavaScript error that is negatively affecting s2Member Pro Forms on your installation)?

Also, I would suggest that you default the country to Canada instead of the US (in your s2Member Pro Form shortcodes), since it seems that most of your customers are in Canada.

Please use the following Shortcode attribute to accomplish this:

default_country_code="CA"

See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.