latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

reinstate a member after late payment

Home Forums Community Forum reinstate a member after late payment

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 19th, 2013 at 3:17 pm #56176
USLGA
Username: uslavender

Hi,
We have memberships for our website. If a member does not renew their membership on time, we have it set up to demote them to free subscriber. However, if they do pay, just late, their account is not “reinstated” as their previous access level.
I’ve found these posts and they don’t shed any hope/much detail. I couldn’t really find any other posts about this.
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/paypal-reactivated-but-role-not-changed/
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/please-reinstate-suspended-members/

Can you please tell me if this is an intended behavior (to NOT reinstate a member after late payment)? Or if this might be a change coming? Or if “reinstatement” exists, point me to instructions on how to troubleshoot?

Thank you for your time!
Mary B.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 8:03 am #56346
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Sorry for the delay in response.

s2Member does not allow Users to be “reinstated” after a payment fails and PayPal sends s2Member a message telling it that the User’s Subscription is over (based on what you have set up in your Shortcode’s RRA attribute).

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained) -› rra

To have a User gain access after they have been demoted by s2Member, they need to sign back up at your site through s2Member again. Check out these forms for information on how you can let Users bump their account status back up:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms

Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 9:19 am #56353
USLGA
Username: uslavender

Hi Bruce!
Thank you for the information! It looks like the billing forms only come with Paypal Pro – correct? If so, are there any options with the free Paypal?
Thanks!
Mary B.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 8:14 pm #56380

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Subscr. Modification Buttons
This is the equivalent with free PayPal “Buttons”. Not exactly the same, but it should help in this case :-)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.