latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

"Require Custom Capabilities?" page broken?

Home Forums Community Forum "Require Custom Capabilities?" page broken?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 15th, 2012 at 7:26 pm #8297

It appears that the free version of s2Member’s custom capabilities meta box doesn’t like more then one custom capability defined, although its says comma delimited format is ok. Can anyone validate this?

Per the API-Scripting documentation, I’m using a User Role Editor plugin (Version 3.5.1 | By Vladimir Garagulya) to create a custom capability prefixed as described, i.e. “access_s2member_ccap_domestic”. When defining a page and using the meta box “Require Custom Capabilities?”, I type in “domestic” (no quotes, prefixing with access_s2member_ccap_ didn’t work). This works fine for one capability. But as soon as I ad another, i.e. “access_s2member_ccap_global” and append to the page’s meta box to read “domestic,global”, it doesn’t work.

Regards,
Stephen

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to the customer support forums

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 15th, 2012 at 7:59 pm #8302

Never mind! I get it now. The Metabox’s comma delimited capabilities is using AND logic for access. I just assumed it was OR. The later isn’t as efficient anyways as it just makes more sense to assign users a given capability rather then append it to the page. AND logic ensures proper access levels and favors on protecting content -which is nice. Thanks! Works well.

:-)

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 12:30 am #23637
Daisy Peel
Username: daisypeel

So, I just searched the forum as I’m having this problem – so, what is the workaround? How do I format multiple ccaps in this metabox?

Thanks,
Daisy

Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 9:04 pm #23971
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Daisy,

You would enter multiple ccaps in the metabox comma-delimited, without spaces.

For example: ccap1,ccap2,ccap3

Please see Custom Capabilities for more information.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.