latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2 Login Widget

Home Forums Community Forum s2 Login Widget

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 2nd, 2013 at 10:36 pm #54796
David Deitch
Username: team666

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 7:03 am #55059
David Deitch

Just an update,

I have customised the settings of the s2 widget a bit to make it look good on my page now
So I don’t really need a shortcode anymore but it still would be cool to have

Also I found the general settings login and registration design option to create a custom landing page for people who incorrectly try to log in or have forgotten their password so everything is now contained within my theme

One problem with the account profile form and registration form is the password strength indicator doesn’t seem to work.

And with the account profile form I have set the display name to be the username in s2Members, however is there a way to remove the ‘display name’ feild altogether from the account profile as I don’t want users to be able to change their display name to anything other than their username.

And Im using a plugin called [WP User Avatar] to set a custom avatar for new users and disable gravatar but how to show the user Avatar on the s2Member account profile page and allow for users to manage their avatar.

The only problem i found with this avatar plugin is if i enable the option ‘allow uses to upload their own avatars’ then users are sent to the wordpress backend wordpress page after logging in, instead of the themed account page so that sux i need to ‘uncheck’ that option because i dont want users ever going to the backend page. But I want them to be able to change their own avatar from the custom themed account page

So I also found a plugin called [user-meta] which allows for full customisation of the profile fields including the avatar. You can show or hide as many fields as you like so I’m showing just the profile avatar beside the s2Members account form for now, however im not sure if this plugin actually works 100% as I cant seem to edit the profile avatar even tho the buttons are there.

But anyways that is the idea I wanted. It would be great if s2Members had these features built in

my site is at http://www.team666.com

if you can check it and offer some advice on the issues plus join up too i only have like 5 members atm :/

Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 4:42 pm #55088

Hi is there a shortcode for the s2 Login widget?

No, but there is the next best thing; a simple PHP template tag.
See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Pro Login Widget (via PHP)
Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 4:44 pm #55089

Is there a youtube video or a page for configuring the s2 Login widget

No video on this yet, but several articles have been written.

Knowledge Base » s2Member® Login Widgets
Pre Sale FAQs » Is there a way to call upon the Pro Login Widget directly?
Knowledge Base » Login Box Like s2Member.com?

Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 4:46 pm #55090

Also is it possible to set the ‘Log Me In’ button so that upon an incorrect login attempt the user will be directed to a custom page rather than the standard wp-admin page

No, not without custom coding. This is designed a specific way (by default) to maximize compatibility with WordPress® and other plugins built for WordPress®.

Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 4:48 pm #55091

One problem with the account profile form and registration form is the password strength indicator doesn’t seem to work.

This is powered by JavaScript and is known to work properly on a default installation of WordPress®. I would start by inspecting your site in FireBug to be sure there are no other JavaScript errors on the page that could be causing a conflict with this functionality.

Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 4:48 pm #55092

And Im using a plugin called [WP User Avatar] to set a custom avatar for new users and disable gravatar but how to show the user Avatar on the s2Member account profile page and allow for users to manage their avatar.

We’ll accept this as feedback, but it’s not a feature that is currently possible with s2Member®.

Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 11:51 pm #55189
David Deitch

Cool, thanks I don’t want my post to sound like im not happy with s2 its awesome and im still learning how to use all the features at the moment and you have alot of documentation for it too.

Im not a programmer tho so I may have to find someone to check for javascript errors to find out why the strength indicator isnt working on my themed account page.

Also could you comment on ‘removing the display name’ feild from the account profile page. Would there be an easy way for me to do this?

Thanks, David D

Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 11:59 pm #55191

Sure :-) s2Member® exposes a filter that makes this possible.

Please create this directory and file:
/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php
(NOTE: these are MUST USE plugins, see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins)
(See also: http://www.s2member.com/kb/hacking-s2member/)

<?php
add_filter('ws_plugin__s2member_during_profile_during_fields_display_display_name', '__return_false');
Posted: Monday Aug 5th, 2013 at 10:12 am #55223
David Deitch

Thanks man 2 easy that worked :D

Posted: Tuesday Aug 6th, 2013 at 5:05 am #55274

Very welcome! :-) If you have a moment, we appreciate ratings @ WordPress :-)

Please register @ WordPress.org and rate s2Member®

NOTE: If you vote @ WordPress.org & LIKE us on Facebook, please reply back in the s2Member® Forums with a link to your nice comments (just to let us know). The company also has a way of saying thanks for this :-)

Posted: Tuesday Aug 6th, 2013 at 11:13 am #55292
David Deitch

Rated 5/5 Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Aug 6th, 2013 at 11:14 am #55293
David Deitch

You goto fix your Forum tho lol
I’m not sure why but i always find it really hard to see where to write my reply to a post
Not sure if its because Im color blind
But yeh I can never see this reply box

Posted: Tuesday Aug 6th, 2013 at 1:32 pm #55297

Thanks David! :-) I’ll pass that along. Appreciate the feedback.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.