latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Member Pro – Coupon Codes

Home Forums Community Forum S2Member Pro – Coupon Codes

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jun 13th, 2012 at 8:54 pm #16408

Hello,
I bought S2Member Pro only because I wanted Coupon codes. But only after purchasing it do I realize that Coupon codes only work with Paypal Pro. I have no need for Paypal Pro and after speaking with their rep, it does not look like they will approve it either. They offered express checkout but this does not come with Visa /Mc. After looking at some forum posts, it seems like the coupon codes also have very specific limitations – can’t offer free 1 month etc. At this point, this is really getting frustrating. I would appreciate it if you could refund my S2Member Pro purchase. I have no interest in Paypal pro – my requirements are very simple I just need to issue some discount codes that can’t be re-used. I would greatly appreciate it if you could honor a refund. I bought S2member Pro about 4 or 5 days ago, but installed it only today, which is when I realized all these issues.

As a follow-on question, is it possible to create these coupon codes through custom programming ? I understand S2member does not do this kind of work, and I can get it done from someone else. I just need to know if a feature like this can be custom built. Thanks and appreciate it – I love the S2member product otherwise.
Thank you
Hari Swaminathan

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 8:08 am #16448

Hi Hari.

You can use the PayPal pro-form without PayPal Pro. Pre Sale FAQs » To use s2Member® Pro Forms, will I have to use PayPal® Pro?

And Express Checkout does accept cards. http://www.s2member.com/changelog/#s2-changes-v120608

(s2Member Pro) PayPal® Express Checkout. This release enables “PayPal Account Optional” for PayPal® Express Checkout, via s2Member Pro Forms. In other words, this release makes the PayPal® Express Checkout option through Pro Forms, behave more like a standard PayPal® Button; where a customer is not always required to have a PayPal® account during checkout. This functionality is enabled automatically, there’s nothing you need to change in your s2Member® integration. However, we do suggest that you turn “PayPal Account Optional” (on) inside your PayPal® account.

The coupons functionality could be custom coded if desired, but what kind of coupon do you want to give that you can’t create with s2Member’s coupons? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Pro Coupon Codes[/hilite]

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 8:14 am #16450

Cristian,
Thanks for your response.
I want simple 20% off, 40% off coupon codes.
I also want a $1 coupon for anyone that tries my product for the first time.
These are the only coupons I need, of course I want to configure what the discount code is –
I don’t want to use Paypal Pro.

Are you saying I can use Coupon code functionality without using Paypal Pro but only using Paypal Checkout express ?
Pls confirm – thanks
Hari

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 8:32 am #16457

I want simple 20% off, 40% off coupon codes.

You can do that. Check out the documentation in the coupon codes page, please: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Pro Coupon Codes[/hilite]

I also want a $1 coupon for anyone that tries my product for the first time.

The coupon codes can’t be configured to work for some users and not others. I’m sorry. :/

And it’s hard to track if the person is trying it for the first time or not. Anyone can just create a new account each time, with different email addresses. This is a normal issue that anyone giving a free trial will face.

Are you saying I can use Coupon code functionality without using Paypal Pro but only using Paypal Checkout express ?

Yes. :)

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 8:52 am #16466

So whats the best way do you suggest if I want to issue a $1 coupon for someone to try out the site ?
Thanks for your help
Hari

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 12:35 pm #16487

Hi Cristian,
Pls check this post by Jason – http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/paypal-express-for-paypal-pro-user/#post-15892
It says using Checkout Express can only work for “Buy Now” transactions. Can you pls clarify ?
Thanks
To repeat – my needs are –

1) Send a $1 coupon for the first time (if I can)
2) Send discount coupons – like 20% off, 40% off etc
3) Accept V/MC as well as paypal
4) I don’t want paypal pro

Thanks for your help
Hari

Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 6:35 am #16560

It says using Checkout Express can only work for “Buy Now” transactions. Can you pls clarify ?

He’s talking about a particular configuration that was being discussed there, not Express Checkout in general. Express Checkout can be used for Buy Now and Subscription.

Look, Express Checkout is free. I suggest that you set up your PayPal integration, generate a pro-form to work with express chekcout only, set it at 1 cent and test it out with a live transaction.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options[/hilite]
Pre Sale FAQs » To use s2Member® Pro Forms, will I have to use PayPal® Pro?

Keep logging enabled to you collect info on the transactions, which may be useful if you need to solve a problem. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 6:37 am #16562

Ok, thanks. I’ll try it out – and come back.
Thanks for your help
Hari

Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 6:40 am #16563

Cool. :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.