latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2member pro form compatible with Buddypress

Home Forums Community Forum S2member pro form compatible with Buddypress

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2012 at 10:47 pm #23233

Hello, I’m thinking of upgrading to S2 member pro so I can use the pro forms features.

I have a buddypress site and I need to be able to sort my members in different directories depending on what they have chosen during the registration phase, (for example teachers, students, etc).

Currently I’m using the Buddypress User Account Type lite plugin to accomplish that, so my question is will this plugin be compatible if I use the s2member pro forms for the registration process?

Plugin link:http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/buddypress-user-account-type-lite/

Thanks for all your help.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 28th, 2012 at 8:32 am #23281

Hi Jaime.

No, BuddyPress fields don’t integrate into the s2Member pro-forms, I’m afraid. :/

Posted: Tuesday Aug 28th, 2012 at 10:54 am #23300

I see, one solution for me would be to have a set of users register trough the regular buddypress registration form with one set of fields and another set of user registering form trough the s2member pro from with other set of registration fields. Is it possible to have these two different registration options with the pro version?

Also is there a way to list users registering trough the s2member pro form on a page or list so users can view other members profile?

appreciate all the help.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Jaime Bieber.
Posted: Wednesday Aug 29th, 2012 at 6:18 pm #23474

Please let me know if the scenario previously explained works with the pro version.

Basically what im trying to do is to have two set of registration procedures with my buddypress site, teachers signing up trough pro form and students signing up trough the regular buddypress registration process. These forms would have different fields that would show in the users buddypress member profile.

Is this possible?

The second question I have is there a way to display users that have signed up trough the s2member pro from on a list, kind of a directory of members with links to their profile page?

Sorry for being impatient im on on a deadline with this school project and need to know if I should get the pro version or look for a different solution.

Thanks for the help,

Jaime

Posted: Wednesday Aug 29th, 2012 at 10:58 pm #23519
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jaime,

In Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields there’s a section called “Integrate Custom Registration/Profile Fields with BuddyPress?”. You could try not integrating s2Member Custom Fields with BuddyPress (i.e., leaving those checkboxes unchecked) and that might allow you to have separate registration fields for BuddyPress and Pro-Form registrations. However, the best way to find out is to experiment and test it.

We don’t have experience integrating s2Member with 3rd Party Plugins like Buddypress User Account Type Lite, so it’s not possible for us to offer specific advice.

Regarding a member directory: s2Member does not have any member directory features, however this thread offers some alternative suggestions.

Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 12:20 am #23527

Hi Raam, thanks for taking the time to answer but it kind of confused me..its kind of hard for me to test it since I don’t have the pro version.

The ability to have a registration form with S2member pro-form, and another with the regular buddypress registration form with completely different set of fields would be the main reason for me getting the pro version.

So I would like to know if that’s possible with s2member pro before buying it.

Sincerely, Jaime

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 4:08 am #23644
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jaime,

I just tested this with my local test installation (using s2Member Pro) and after I installed the BuddyPress plugin I was able to register separately with BuddyPress (using the /register/ page that was created by BuddyPress) and also register separately with a Pro-Form (created with s2Member in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms).

So, you should have no problem pointing people at the two different registrations with s2Member Pro and BuddyPress.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.