latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2MemberPro & WPMUDev Events and Bookings?'s

Home Forums Community Forum S2MemberPro & WPMUDev Events and Bookings?'s

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Terri 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 21st, 2012 at 7:19 am #5846
Terri
Username: tokyoterri

Hi Folks:

Well, with the help of a developer, I’m getting the client site shaped up using WPMUDev theme Scholar and some customizations.

here it is: http://few.modernmediajapan.com/

The main point of the community is the Events and the Forums. There’s no PayPal integration and won’t be for a while, so I’m mainly using S2Member Pro to manage memberships. all events are public, so there’s no problem with permissions. but I’m not sure how to handle getting the two plugins working together.

Here are my questions:
1. if a non-logged in person clicks one of the buttons on a single event page (http://few.modernmediajapan.com/events/2012/02/foodies-and-food-culture-few-feb-meeting/) – I’m Attending, for example, the only option they have now is to log in via Facebook, etc. I’m still trying to figure out how to set that up.

But, in the meantime, wouldn’t it make sense to have them be able to:

-be automatically redirected back to the single event page they were viewing before they logged in
-be able to sign up and have the sign up show up in their S2 member profile (not urgent, but would be useful)

How would I do this? Is it something I should do in S2Member, or in the Events plugin? For a while clicking I’m Attending would leave to the member Registration page, which is of course not useful…

I would imagine that I need to get people to go to the regular login page…http://few.modernmediajapan.com/wp-login.php?

Does this make sense? any suggestions? they are very welcome!

I want to finish this site up this week, so if we can solve this problem it may even be possible to do it…

thanks!

best,
Terri

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 22nd, 2012 at 2:32 pm #5989
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Terri,

-be automatically redirected back to the single event page they were viewing before they logged in

These two things look like they should already work. I clicked on “I’m Attending” and then selected “Login with WordPress” and I was sent to the login page. At the login page, if you look at the URL at the top, it already contains ?redirect_to= with the URL to the events page I was just on. That tells me that once I’m logged in, I should be redirected to that URL.

-be able to sign up and have the sign up show up in their S2 member profile (not urgent, but would be useful)

This would require custom integration between the Events plugin and s2Member. For this, you’d need to hire a programmer to write the necessary integration code.

Posted: Saturday Feb 25th, 2012 at 5:23 pm #6423
Terri
Username: tokyoterri

Hi Raam:

I see – I’m going to give up on this, then and try to find a workaround I can handle myself.

Thanks,
Terri

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.