latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Show customer billing history

Home Forums Community Forum Show customer billing history

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 2nd, 2012 at 5:33 pm #18110
GT Drummie
Username: gtdrummie

With s2 pro, is there a link that is generated that allows the user to see their billing history?

Related… if they decide to no longer pay for access, can they still see their billing history and not the related premium content?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 7:06 am #18164
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

s2Member does not currently maintain a billing history. The billing history must be retrieved from the payment gateway (e.g., PayPal) by logging in and accessing the history there.

s2Member does allow the cancellation of a subscription while retaining the s2Member account. There’s an option to handle what happens when an EOT (cancellation, failure of payment, etc.) occurs: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior. If you want the users account to be demoted to Free Subscriber instead of deleted upon EOT, you can set that behavior there.

Posted: Friday Jul 6th, 2012 at 6:10 am #18432
GT Drummie

Is there a plan to include this?

Posted: Saturday Jul 7th, 2012 at 4:35 am #18532
Raam Dev
Staff Member

We’re looking into ways of including this in s2Member, but for now you’ll need to get the billing history from the payment gateway.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 10th, 2012 at 9:56 am #18806

Is there anyone that might know of a custom solution to show the user their EOT??
This is a feature that is GREATLY NEEDED.

Since there is no notification to the user that they are soon expiring, or already expired… we are desperate for a way to make it easy for the user to SEE when their paid time expires. : /

ANYONE??

Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 2:17 am #18874
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Grace,

Please see this thread.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 2:43 am #18880
GT Drummie

Does this mean that there is no way for a user to end their subscription… the user would have to send an email to have the admin do it?

Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 7:03 am #18909

Thank you Raam! That’s perfect :)

Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 12:43 pm #18935

Actually am still running into trouble..
When using

<h6>Me Membership Expires On: 
<?php
$eotdate = new DateTime("$s2member_auto_eot_time"); 
echo $eotdate->format('M-d-Y');
?></h6>

The result is always the current date. : /

Any idea how to make that effectively grab the info properly?

————

Also – for subscribers i’d like for them to see their last payment date (so they know what day of the month they are charged on)

Is it possible to get it to state the date using:
$s2member_last_payment_time = get_user_field (“s2member_last_payment_time”);

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  Grace Solivan.
Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 5:38 am #19009

GT Drummie said:
Does this mean that there is no way for a user to end their subscription… the user would have to send an email to have the admin do it?

Yes, if he paid on the gateway’s site, he can go there and manage his subscription. s2Member provides a shortcode for a cancellation button for the gateways it integrates with, which takes the person to the gateway to manage the subscription and cancel it. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Subscr. Cancellation Buttons[/hilite]

If you used the pro-forms to get paid on your site (PayPal Pro or Authorize.Net integration), then he’ll need to use the Cancellation pro-form, which you have to make available to him. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Cancellation Forms[/hilite]

Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 5:46 am #19010

Grace Solivan said:
Any idea how to make that effectively grab the info properly?

You can try something like this:

[hilite pre_code]

Membership expires on

[/hilite]

Is it possible to get it to state the date using:
[hilite code]$s2member_last_payment_time = get_user_field ('s2member_last_payment_time');[/hilite]

Yes, you can use [hilite mono]s2member_last_payment_time[/hilite] too, just replace it in the code I gave above.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 8:03 am #19029

Thank you Cristian!

That correction to the line works accurately on both uses. :)

Not urgent:
Is there a way to add a substitution for the “Jan-1-1970” that results when the user has no last payment or has no EOT? Or perhaps a way to force it to be blank if there is no stamp found.

For now i’ve added a text explanation for the user.

Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 8:21 am #19032

Ah, right, sorry I forgot to check that. Try this to only show the line if there’s an EOT time:

[hilite pre_code]
Membership expires on ' . date('M-d-Y', $s2member_auto_eot_time) . '

'; ?>
[/hilite]

To have it in a single line, I wrote it in a way I haven’t used before, so if it doesn’t work try this:

[hilite pre_code]
Membership expires on ' . date('M-d-Y', $s2member_auto_eot_time) . '

';
?>
[/hilite]

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 8:58 am #19034

You make my life so much easier :) Yay!

Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 2:08 pm #19055
GT Drummie

I’m not as technical or knowledgeable as Grace… would someone mind boiling this down for me?

Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 4:27 pm #19073

Grace Solivan said:
You make my life so much easier :) Yay!

Glad to help. :)

Did the single line one work?

GT Drummie said:
I’m not as technical or knowledgeable as Grace…

That’s PHP code, so you’ll need a PHP execution plugin for it to work in your WP post/page. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/exec-php/

Then put the code where you want the thing to show, just as you would a WP shortcode.

Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 9:57 pm #19102

Cristian – I actually used just the original line you posted.. not the single line setup – but testing the single line setup worked fabulously too.

I used it in conjunction with [s2If] statements in a bit of a styled widget:

[s2If current_user_is(subscriber)]
<div style="background-color:#F0F8FF; display:block;padding:10px;margin: 0 0 15px 0;">
<h6 style="text-align:center;">Free Guest Level</h6> 
Free Guest access areas only.<BR>
<a href="/membership-options">Upgrade Now</a>
</div>
[/s2If]

[s2If current_user_is_not(subscriber)]
<div style="background-color:#F0F8FF; display:block;padding:10px;margin: 0 0 15px 0;">
<center><h5>You Currently Have<BR><Strong>Full Access Membership</strong></h5></center>

<?php
$s2member_auto_eot_time = get_user_field('s2member_auto_eot_time');
if (!empty($s2member_auto_eot_time)) 
	echo '<h6 style="text-align:center;"><Strong>Expires on:</strong><BR> ' . date('M-d-Y', $s2member_auto_eot_time) . '</h6>';
?>
<?php
$s2member_last_payment_time = get_user_field('s2member_last_payment_time');
if (!empty($s2member_last_payment_time)) 
	echo '<h6 style="text-align:center;"><Strong>Most Recent Payment on:</strong> ' . date('M-d-Y', $s2member_last_payment_time) . '</h6>';
?>

<BR>
<strong>Monthly Subscribers:</strong> You will only see an expiration date listed here if you have chosen to cancel your recurring subscription. 
</div>
[/s2If]
Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 11:25 pm #19107

Cool. :)

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.