latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Simple usage of s2 member.

Home Forums Community Forum Simple usage of s2 member.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 5:35 pm #7504

I need to do something quite simple.

I need to protect some content to members only. But in this case the membership is free. All they have to do is to agree to some conditions.

So I have used S2 Member to implement the paid membership functionality but I can not figure it out for not requirint them to pay.

Can you tell me if you plugin can handle this and how would it be done..

Thank you

Wayne

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 7:15 pm #7505
cassel
Username: cassel

You can simply use the open registration or level 0. That way the content is only visible to logged in members, and you dont have to worry about the other levels. The levels 1 and up are the paid one, so you would not have to worry about them. Check under General Option > Open Registration and set it to YES.

Posted: Thursday Mar 15th, 2012 at 10:46 am #8244
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Karen,

If you want to build free registration forms, you’ll need s2Member Pro (see Pre Sale FAQs » How can I allow Free Registration?).

Otherwise, as cassel mentioned, you can simply turn on Open Registration (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Open Registration) and then point visitors to the default WordPress registration page (/wp-login.php?action=register.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.