latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Spam entries somehow gettng past captcha

Home Forums Community Forum Spam entries somehow gettng past captcha

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Oct 2nd, 2013 at 9:24 am #60096
Epix Media
Username: epixmedia

Hi all, I have a registration form set up here: http://www.ispa.org.uk/members/join/ somehow spam entries are getting past the captcha. All the required fields are filled in (with junk) and they are managing to submit the form – any ideas how/why this is happening??

Thanks in advance!

Zoe

ps. did’t there used to be a customer forum??

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  Epix Media.
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  Epix Media.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Oct 4th, 2013 at 6:16 am #60144
Epix Media
Username: epixmedia

Anyone got any ideas on this? I can’t see how their getting past the captcha…

Posted: Friday Oct 4th, 2013 at 5:28 pm #60160
cassel
Username: cassel

I don’t have an answer to that but I had a similar problem. It was for a WP gallery and was getting hit by 20-30 spam registrations A DAY! I installed a CAPTCHA and it went away… almost. I still get 2-3 per week and I talked to my programmer. He said that as good as a CAPTCHA is, it is still not 100% protected. I can live with the number of current spammers.
All that to say that maybe it is the max that the CAPTCHA can do. Maybe spam bots and such are getting “smarter” over time.

Posted: Monday Oct 7th, 2013 at 5:05 pm #60209

It seems the Google reCAPTCHA service was hit with several issues over the past weeks and they have been making improvements to combat this. I too have noticed this on my own sites, but things have improved with some recent changes to Google’s reCAPTCHA service; e.g. fuzzier images, longer codes, photographic images, IP tracking across their entire network, etc.

See also: http://www.google.com/recaptcha/security

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.