latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Speed up content dripping per member?

Home Forums Community Forum Speed up content dripping per member?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 8:08 pm #15990
VegasKev
Username: vegaskev

I have the need to speed up the content dripping for clients on a case by case basis. The members are on a monthly subscription program and the content is fed to them through the member’s welcome are in a side column button panel. The buttons for the monthly courses are fed to them through the content dripping script every 30 days. Some clients would like to pay me to get access to the next month’s worth of content early. How do I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jun 9th, 2012 at 6:44 am #16058

You could give them a new custom capability and edit your conditionals in the the menu so that those with that capability get it sooner. Same in the actual page that gets dripped, the condition that shows the content or not, would need to be updated with this too.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Jun 9th, 2012 at 3:31 pm #16080
VegasKev

@Cristián: Thank you for your response. I appreciate you answering my post on the weekend. I wasn’t expecting a response until Monday, so for that I thank you. When you have a moment, I would appreciate a few links in the right direction that could give me some instruction on putting your recommendations into action. I’m still quite new with S2 Member and need a little direction. I can definitely implement whatever needs to be done, but not quite sure of the who, when, where, how and what’s….if you know what I mean. I will gladly read whatever threads and documentation you point me to. Again, if you don’t get to this today, I will understand, a response on Monday is just as good as a response today. Thanks in advance.

Posted: Monday Jun 11th, 2012 at 11:39 pm #16190
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Kevin,

If you need help understanding Custom Capabilities, this video is the place to start. The Content Dripping feature (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Content Dripping) utilizes the s2Member Conditionals (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals and Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals).

When you set up your conditionals, you check for things like “if user has been registered for 30 days”. Cristian is suggesting that you update that to something like “if user has been registered for 30 days OR user has ccap ‘showmenow'”.

Here are two code examples that show these two variations:

<?php if(S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS >= 30){ ?>
    Drip content to Members that started paying you at least 30 days ago.
<?php } ?>
<?php if(S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS >= 30 || current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_showmenow)){ ?>
    Drip content to Members that started paying you at least 30 days ago OR who have the 'showmenow' Custom Capability.
<?php } ?>
Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 2:05 am #16211
VegasKev

Got It….I’ll be messing with that in the next couple of days….thanks for the heads up.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 2:09 am #16212
VegasKev

Is there a way to manipulate the system to treat a specific user as if they have been a member for 60 days when they’ve really only been a member for 30 days? I’m finding that I have clients who are ready to pay early for the next month’s worth of content, but I cannot process their card early, because the system won’t treat them any differently as far as I can tell.

I’m really looking for the ability to push a member a month ahead of schedule on the content dripping process (or maybe even 2 months ahead for some clients).

Any thoughts on that? Thanks in advance.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 9:55 pm #16312

Sure, you can control that in the conditions you write to show the content. For example, if a regular member would be shown something after 90 days, then you can also show it after only 30 days to those that have the custom capability “show60daysearlier” or something like that.

[hilite pre_code]
if(S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS >= 90 OR
(current_user_can('access_s2member_ccap_show60daysearlier') AND S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS >= 30))
[/hilite]
Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 2:46 pm #16498
VegasKev

I’m sure that will work perfectly for what I want to do…thank you.

Mark Resolved

Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 7:04 am #16566

Cool. Glad I could help. :)

Posted: Friday Jun 15th, 2012 at 4:06 pm #16607
VegasKev

I’m assuming that I can add multiple custom capabilities to a specific user, correct? And if so, how would I add them in the user profile?

Like this….

cc_custom_1, cc_custom_1, cc_custom_3

or do I need to use dashes “-” or do I need to use semicolons “;”

Just trying to figure this out so I can start making this workout as I planned. If I’m understanding these custom capabilities it will give me all the control I can imagine with this plugin.

Thanks in advance

Posted: Saturday Jun 16th, 2012 at 3:56 am #16649

Right, a user can have multiple custom capabilities. In his profile page you’ll find a field for them, and you’d enter them separated with commas: [hilite mono]ccap1,ccap2,ccap3[/hilite].

Posted: Saturday Jun 16th, 2012 at 2:00 pm #16687
VegasKev

Perfect. Everything works as I thought it would. How do I mark a forum topic resolved here?

Posted: Monday Jun 18th, 2012 at 1:56 pm #16780
VegasKev

works great…..

I used…..

<?php if(S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS >= 30 || current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_showme30)){ ?>

however….what I wanted to make some additional customer service agents that need access to all the content. Rather than giving them all a bunch of capabilities, I wanted to create another capability like ‘showmeall’. I tried adding this capability to a drip feed along with the ‘showme30’ capability but it did not work. What is the script for adding access for different types of user capabilities within the same dripping script?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  VegasKev.
Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 6:00 am #16862

Glad it’s working. :)

The condition you posted will show that drip to someone with ccap [hilite mono]showme30[/hilite], regardless of how long they’ve had it, because you didn’t add that part.

Or do you mean to show it immediately? I ask because it’s different from what we talked earlier, you’ll notice in the condition I posted that I added the other time check for the person with the ccap.

The add the [hilite mono]showmeall[/hilite] ccap, you’d add it the same way you did the [hilite mono]showme30[/hilite] one:

[hilite pre_code]
= 30 || current_user_can('access_s2member_ccap_showme30') || current_user_can('access_s2member_ccap_showmeall')) { ?>
[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Jun 21st, 2012 at 4:57 pm #17153
VegasKev

Cristián:

First of all… Thank you for your response. Your assistance is always appreciated. Also, thank you for clarifying how I would add two separate custom capabilities as conditionals in the drip feed script. That helps out a tremendous amount.

However, I am a little confused by one section of your response. I’m hoping you could clarify what you meant by this section of your response.

The condition you posted will show that drip to someone with ccap showme30, regardless of how long they’ve had it, because you didn’t add that part.

Specifically the “because you didn’t add that part”. Which part are you referring to that I did not add? Please clarify, as I don’t understand what you mean.

Thanks again in advance for your help.

Posted: Friday Jun 22nd, 2012 at 7:41 am #17184

Specifically the “because you didn’t add that part”. Which part are you referring to that I did not add?

The time part, but I didn’t word it properly, sorry.

My example earlier was:

[hilite pre_code]
S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS >= 90 ||
(current_user_can('access_s2member_ccap_show60daysearlier') && S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS >= 30)
[/hilite]

But your condition was just:

[hilite pre_code]
S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS >= 30 ||
current_user_can('access_s2member_ccap_showme30')
[/hilite]

See that yours doesn’t check the registration days together with the ccap?

Now, it’s fine if your [hilite mono]showme30[/hilite] ccap means giving him access 30 days earlier, because if the content if for day 30, so you won’t need the time check in this case, the user should get access to it immediately with that ccap.

I hope that helps understand what I meant.

First of all… Thank you for your response. Your assistance is always appreciated. Also, thank you for clarifying how I would add two separate custom capabilities as conditionals in the drip feed script. That helps out a tremendous amount.

You’re welcome! Glad to help. :)

Sorry I wasn’t more clear with my reply earlier.

Posted: Friday Jun 22nd, 2012 at 3:33 pm #17213
VegasKev

Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate you taking the time to assist me. I have everything working perfectly now.

Posted: Saturday Jun 23rd, 2012 at 6:57 am #17240

Great! Glad I could help. :)

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.