latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Still having problems with pro-forms

Home Forums Community Forum Still having problems with pro-forms

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 10:51 am #32252

You closed my topic: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/problem-with-pro-forms/

I suppose cause it took so long for me to reply… but the problem is still there:

Nothing happens when they click on the “check out with paypal”-button. So they never get to paypal from the form.
It’s the same thing with all the forms I have on the website.

It seems to be when they are using Internet Explorer 9. Any one else having this problem???

It always works for me testing using Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari on mac, so it’s really hard for me to solve this… :(

Thanks
Malin

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 2:10 pm #32266
Eduan
Username: Eduan

I don’t think they closed it, this forum closes topics that are inactive for too long. I will open it now so that you can continue the conversation.

Although, just wanted to say, if the users are only having it in IE, then it’s most probably a browser problem, and they’re usually not easy to fix, lol.

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 1:59 am #32310
TJ
Username: wellwater

FYI, there seems to be another, current forum topic dealing with a similar issue:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/doesnt-go-to-paypal-page-after-recent-update/

Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 4:35 am #32315

Thanks TJ, that seems to be the same problem as I have, so I’ll try with what they recommend there.

Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 7:51 am #32346

I suppose cause it took so long for me to reply

Yeah, the forum closes old topics automatically.

It seems to be when they are using Internet Explorer 9. Any one else having this problem???

Could you please test the theme and other plugins to see if one of them is causing this? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 7:39 am #32768

Going insane now.

I created a developer test site.

Problem is: the form looks different even though it’s the same. I only changed the custom=”rasmart.se” (which doesn’t change the looks of it anyways)
Problem: It adds the billing info and the card info. I assume it must be a set up issue. That I missed something…

Here’s the original:
http://rasmart.se/kop-klubb-rasmart-manadsvis/

and here’s the test site:
http://www.webbmalin.se/test/kop-klubb-rasmart-manadsvis/

I also tried to switch to other themes but it’s still the same.

I also have the exact same form here as on the test site, no changes, and it looks fine:
http://webbmalin.se/testarmalin/

It doesn’t matter if I use this form or create a new one. On my test site it always appears with the extra information to fill out. The billing address and card information.

So what am I doing wrong???

Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 8:12 am #32771

It looks like a JavaScript problem, the payment info fields should not show if you have PayPal selected.

Could you deactivate or delete the custom theme from the test installation, leaving only the default one that comes with WordPress? And if you have other plugins active, deactivate them too, please. Test after each deactivation/deletion, to see if the form goes back to normal, please.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 8:29 am #32772

I already tried that. Looks the same with default theme. No other plugins are used.

BUT, right now I cloned the rasmart.se to a new test site using Manage WP and it looks better…
http://www.webbmalin.se/testmalin/kop-klubb-rasmart-manadsvis/

I guess something went wrong with the previous installation.
So now I can start my trouble shooting :)

Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 11:32 am #32786

Yay!
I tested 2 of my sites and only this one had the problem with IE9. I did everything in the troubleshooting guide and it didn’t even work with default theme and all other plugins turned off.

So it turned out to be my coding of the form. Or, the if-code around the form… (I have several forms and this one os if you’re logged in only, but it’s the same problem everywhere…)

This is NOT working

[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_level0) AND !current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_nbbc)]
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="*" ccaps="nbbc" desc="No Bullshit Bootcamp, 450 kr inkl moms." ps="paypal" lc="SE" cc="SEK" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.webbmalin.se" ra="450" rp="1" rt="L" rr="BN" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="NBBCRABATT" template="my-checkout-form.php" accept_coupons="1" default_country_code="SE" captcha="0" /]
[/s2If]

This WORKS
only difference is the “IF”- around the form….

[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_level0) AND !current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_nbbc)]
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="*" ccaps="nbbc" desc="No Bullshit Bootcamp, 450 kr inkl moms." ps="paypal" lc="SE" cc="SEK" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.webbmalin.se" ra="450" rp="1" rt="L" rr="BN" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="NBBCRABATT" template="my-checkout-form.php" accept_coupons="1" default_country_code="SE" captcha="0" /]

So how can I do this differently?? It works fine with IE8, but not IE9.

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Cristián Lávaque. Reason: Remove login info
Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 4:22 pm #32816
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Malin,

You might try installing Exec-PHP Plugin and then using a PHP version of the conditional instead of the shortcode version:

<?php if (current_user_can("access_s2member_level0") && !current_user_can("access_s2member_ccap_nbbc")) { ?>
<?php } ?>
Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 11:34 pm #32857

Thanks for the update, Malin! Glad you could find the issue. :)

Like Raam said, you can use a PHP conditional instead, if for some reason the shortcodes combination is giving trouble.

Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 7:21 am #32984

Thank you both!!!!

It seems to work when using php instead of shortcode :)

Crossing my fingers that this was the only issue.

Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 8:26 am #33004

Great! :)

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 7:22 am #33287

Well, I don’t like the plugin exec-php cause everything stops working once you switch from html to visual…
My customer must be able to edit the text without destroying things.

Since the shortcode works fine except around the forms I decided to put the form in a template for this Page using the echo_do_shortcode():

<?php if (current_user_can("access_s2member_level0") && !current_user_can("access_s2member_ccap_nbbc")) { ?>
<?php echo do_shortcode('[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="*" ccaps="nbbc" desc="No Bullshit Bootcamp, 450 kr inkl moms." ps="paypal" lc="SE" cc="SEK" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.webbmalin.se" ra="450" rp="1" rt="L" rr="BN" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="NBBCRABATT" template="my-checkout-form.php" accept_coupons="1" default_country_code="SE" captcha="0" /]
'); ?>
<?php } ?>
Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 2:03 pm #33339
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Yes, putting PHP code in the HTML editor and then switching to the Visual Editor will always cause problems, unfortunately.

I’m glad you solved it by putting the code in a template file instead; that would’ve been my next suggestion. :)

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.