latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Stripe Integration With S2Member

Home Forums Community Forum Stripe Integration With S2Member

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Nov 12th, 2012 at 10:53 pm #31407
VegasKev
Username: vegaskev

I’m really interested in using Stripe.com to handle payments for my new membership site. I have read several threads on this forum that discuss it. As of this year, it seems that s2Member Devs are working feverishly to integrate stripe as a gateway in the next major release for s2Member Pro, which is great. One thread mentioned approximately 2 months, however, that was about 4 or 5 months ago. Another thread was about a month or so ago, and it mentioned before the end of the year.

Obviously it isn’t ready right now, and I can respect that, however, I’m curious as to the “when”. I’m not trying to execute S2 Member Devs for not hitting that “2 month” expectation earlier this year, I’m just looking for better clarification at this point. I’m hoping that someone from s2Member can chime in and let me know when they realistically expect this integration. Thanks in advance.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Nov 13th, 2012 at 2:43 am #31426
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

We do not currently have a release date set for the next major release of the software, but we will make an announcement as soon as we’re ready. I can assure you that we’re working hard to get this next version out as soon as possible.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 13th, 2012 at 3:43 am #31431
VegasKev
Username: vegaskev

Thanks Raam….am I to still assume that Stripe will be a part of this next major release?

Posted: Tuesday Nov 13th, 2012 at 7:20 pm #31506
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Unfortunately I don’t have a list of confirmed features for the next major release, but I have been told to expect support for Stripe in the next major release.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 12:35 pm #32715

@VegasKev Stripe would really be nice. @Raam It’s been a few days since this last post, and I’m curious to know if you’ve gotten any updates on this?

Thanks

Josh

Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 3:07 pm #32739
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Joshua,

Sorry, no updates at this time. We won’t know more until the next major version of s2Member is released and at this time I don’t have a date for when that will be.

Posted: Thursday Nov 29th, 2012 at 5:39 pm #32950
Frank
Username: azzurrimg

Can you guys please send an email notification to existing customers once Stripe integration / the new version of S2Member comes out? I started the PCI compliance process for using PayPal Pro, but do not want to be involved with that process at all if Stripe is an option.

Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 7:32 am #32986

Sure, we’ll send a notification when that happens. :)

Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 9:10 pm #33069
Todd
Username: tdaubs

I just want to add that I think Stripe is a game changer for payment processing especially for those that sell digital content. I’m really happy that S2 plans to support Stripe soon!

Posted: Sunday Dec 2nd, 2012 at 6:21 pm #33247
Hamid
Username: zawiyaprojects

Hello Raam and Cristian,

I’ve been working on my s2member site for a few months now and I believe I have most things in place for our release date of Jan 1, 2013. I love s2member and I thank you for doing such a wonderful job with it… however, I find myself up a creek and I have just lost my paddles (i.e. forcing potential buyers to create a Paypal account when using a credit card)

I’ve read other inquiries (from Mar to Nov) about the availability of Stripe payment gateway and the integration of Paypal Advance in the next major release. I understand that it should be rolling out “soon” and that you cant say exactly when but do you think either one of these payment alternatives will happen before the new year?

It would be nice to have a “clue” so that I can plan accordingly, postpone our release date or upgrade to Pro, which I don’t really want to do. I mean, I would really hate to postpone our release date, if we are still talking a coupe months; and would hate to upgrade to Paypal Pro, if we are talking around the corner.

Thanks.

Posted: Sunday Dec 2nd, 2012 at 7:11 pm #33248
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Hamid,

Unfortunately we’re not on track to have the next major release of s2Member ready by the new year. We can’t give an exact date but we are hoping to have it done early to mid 2013.

My personal suggestion would be to upgrade to PayPal Pro, or try Authorize.net or ClickBank. Alternatively you could have a developer set up an integration with Stripe for the short-term until s2Member has it available. We would be happy to assist you with any issues that come up with this integration if you do decide to move forward with this.

Posted: Sunday Dec 2nd, 2012 at 7:40 pm #33250
Frank

Hi Hamid,

Users don’t need to create a PayPal account to pay with credit card (edit: unless you have a subscription-based model as Bruce points out below, then they would need a PayPal account).

PayPal Standard checkout presents the customer with an option to pay with PayPal or to enter a credit card (without needing a PayPal account).

It’s not the ideal solution (vs having forms on your own site), but it works.

Frank

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Frank.
Posted: Sunday Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:32 pm #33252
Bruce
Staff Member

PayPal Standard checkout presents the customer with an option to pay with PayPal or to enter a credit card (without needing a PayPal account).

Note that this is not true if you are selling subscription-based access to your site. If you are using recurring billing through PayPal users MUST sign up to PayPal to ensure that they will be billed.

Posted: Sunday Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:43 pm #33256
Frank

Thanks, Bruce. Just edited and updated my post!

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 12:33 am #33262
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks Frank.

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 3:44 am #33275
Hamid

Thanks Bruce for your reply. Just knowing it may be a few months before the next release helps a GREAT deal in our ability to move forward with an alternative or “temporary” solution.

I have to admit I was up until 3:00 am last night looking for other membership plugins that would accept Stripe. There are a couple out there but they don’t stand up to s2member. Fortunate or unfortunate depends which side of the fence your standing :)

Going Pro might be the best solution for us for the time being, even if it ends up costing us $180.

Thanks Frank for your reply also. I knew that you could use cc with Paypal without creating an Paypal account but we had modified some code to allow paid members to upgrade to higher-level subscription at a prorated fee (based on the remaining days of their current membership)… so yes, it is subscription based.

Oh… Bruce your word just registered in my mind. Do you mean if we removing the recurring charge option, members would be able to use cc without setting up a Paypal account?

Going to test now…

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 4:03 am #33277
Hamid

No dice… I removed the recurring charges but it still requires that one set up a Paypal account.

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 1:46 pm #33328
Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Hamid,

No dice… I removed the recurring charges but it still requires that one set up a Paypal account.

PayPal will only allow users to NOT make a PayPal account for One-time Buy Now transactions. If you are doing anything fancy with your transactions PayPal will force users to create a PayPal account so that they can keep track of future transactions.

It sounds to me like you will need to upgrade to PayPal Pro, or set up with a different payment gateway in the short term.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.