latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Subscriber_ID new user notification mail

Home Forums Community Forum Subscriber_ID new user notification mail

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  extremecarver 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 8:50 am #19165

In order to find more quickly old users, and know which user has sent which paypal payment, it would really be needed to have
both %subscriber_id%% AND %%payer_email %% included in the new user notification for the admin. However both fields don’t work. Currently they only work in the Paypal Signup Confirmation email.

It’s really annoying to find out which user sent which payments via paypal, if they use a different email on paypal vs on signing up.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jul 14th, 2012 at 5:16 am #19216
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

Please see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Signup Notifications. At the bottom of that section, you’ll see where you can set an email address to receive notification of the event. Does that do what you want?

Posted: Sunday Jul 15th, 2012 at 4:55 am #19284

No, as far as I can see, this email wouldn’t include the username, so fail again. I already have this information in the paypal email, and I have the username in the new user notification email. However no chance to see which paypal email belongs to which username!!!

I don’t need loads of emails, I need one email in which I can see all of the following:
First Name, Last Name as entered in Paypal
First Name, Last Name as entered on registration
Email used with Paypal
Email used to register

Optionally but would be very handy:Amount Paid

Currently there is Signup Notification and Registration Notification, but impossible to relate them to each other!!!!!!!
This is really annoying. And currently the only way to make a connection is using the search on the wordpress “user” panel for the subscriber ID. However ONCE a user got demoted, there is NO F***** way to tell what and when he paid, because the subcriber ID got deleted, and there is no connection at all in you logs concerning registration details versus paypal details.

Effectively around 10% of my users I cannot connect to the paypal payments anymore. Some reasons:
Used paypal account of parents/friends/wife to pay (so neither email nor name matches).
To avoid spam, use an arbitrary email on registration
To avoid spam, use an arbitrary paypal email
Change email overtime
…. well probably many more probs. One year after payment, this increases to around 20%.

And no, looking at payed at time X, so what registrations happened at time X often doesn’t help. Many users simply don’t register right after payment, but some days, later (meaning you may have hundreds of other registrations in between) or even worse – contact you a few weeks/month later complaining why they didn’t receive a login (and they lost that registration email (often in spam) – and didn’t follow the registration link on paypal).

Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 3:46 am #19442
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

As far as I can tell by looking at the source code, payment notifications sent to the email address configured in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Payment Notifications include both the Subscriber ID and the Username.

Have you tried this?

If you get the payment notification emails but they don’t have the subscriber ID, can you please tell me if you’re using PayPal Pro forms?

Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 5:22 pm #19562

How can the Payment Notification include the email used during signup, if signup hasn’t yet happened – or is the following text wrong! (as for Paypal – I use paypal standard, as Pro isn’t available in Austria):

So, unlike the `Signup` Notification, `Payment` Notifications take place whenever actual payments are received, instead of just once after signup is completed. If a payment is required during signup ( i.e. no Free Trial is being offered ), a Signup Notification will be triggered, and a Payment Notification will ALSO be triggered. In other words, a Payment Notification occurs anytime funds are received, no matter what.

I need the payment notification included into the SAME email as the signup notification. (of course I additionally need a payment notification – cause sometimes people don’t register at all after payment).

Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 6:27 am #19606

The payment notification has they payment email address as well as the user’s email address available.

[hilite mono]%%payer_email%%[/hilite] = The Email Address of the Customer who purchased the Membership Subscription or Capabilities.
[hilite mono]%%user_email%%[/hilite] = The Email Address associated with their User account. This might be different than what is on file with your Payment Gateway.

I’m not sure if the user’s email address is available when it’s a new user, but you can try it with a test signup.

If it’s not available, then you could use both: the registration and signup/payment notifications, and relate them with the IP address.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Jul 19th, 2012 at 4:58 pm #19783

okay, sorry. The payment Notification via the API works. However the description text is wrong, because the payment notification doesn’t take place directly after payment, but actually after registration. I don’t really know yet, what happens if the user registers 40 hours after payment though (is the payment notification then sent 40 hours later or dropped?).
So far every payment notification included both email addresses…

Posted: Friday Jul 20th, 2012 at 7:17 am #19819

That’s great to know. Thanks for the update. :)

I’ll let Jason know your observation about the description, too.

Thanks!

Posted: Sunday Jul 22nd, 2012 at 4:54 am #19925
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this request for support.

With standard PayPal Button integration, Payment Notifications are delayed until the registration is completed after checkout, so that all of the additional details can be included in the notification (e.g. so they can be associated with an actual user ID, email address, etc). If it takes the customer 10 days to register, 10 days later is when the initial payment notification takes place (i.e. it’s always synchronized with the paid registration). That being said, most paying customers want access immediately, so a payment notification is almost always sent just a few moments after a payment occurs, even with a standard Button integration via PayPal.

FYI: With s2Member Pro Forms, payment notifications always take place immediately, because registration/checkout occur together at the same time, all in a single step.
See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms

Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 7:51 am #20047

thanks for the reply

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.