latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Trouble with Cloudfront and JW

Home Forums Community Forum Trouble with Cloudfront and JW

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 22nd, 2012 at 3:53 pm #19945
Echomango
Username: echomango

First off I want to thank Jason and all those who are responsible for this incredible product. I have been amazed at the functionality and the versatility of the free version and am sure I will feel even more happy with the pro version. I had things configured via the standard player and non-S3/Cloudfront setup but wanted to move to cloudfront after reading a bit.

At this point I am stuck. I seem to have had cloudfront and S3 configured properly. At least the dashboard said that it had been configured successfully. However when I used the sample code here “JW Player® ( RTMP streaming MP4, via s2Member’s Amazon® S3/CloudFront integration )” neither the the player nor the video appeared. An error message came up saying that either it could not find the file or it was denied access. I tried creating another streaming distribution and tested that with their file tester and the file in the bucket played through the new distribution. I at least knew that the file in the bucket was functional. However, the newly created distrubution seemed to create havoc with the installation and I started getting error messages and figured that my playing around with the distributin had likely mugged the previous set up. I decided to delete the cloudfront and start over. I got the error messages from S2 that it could not delete the distributions so I did that manually. At this point it is telling me that it cannot delete the origin access identity

“Error Message: Unable to delete existing Amazon® CloudFront Origin Access Identity. Unable to delete existing Amazon® CloudFront Origin Access Identity. Bad Request”

I am thinking I had better ask for help at this point rather than dig myself in much deeper.

Thanks for any help you might have to offer.

Tom

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 6:18 am #20036

Hi Tom.

First off I want to thank Jason and all those who are responsible for this incredible product. I have been amazed at the functionality and the versatility of the free version and am sure I will feel even more happy with the pro version.

Thanks for the kudos! :)

“Error Message: Unable to delete existing Amazon® CloudFront Origin Access Identity. Unable to delete existing Amazon® CloudFront Origin Access Identity. Bad Request”

Here’s a tip to fully reset your Amazon S3/CloudFront integration, to then start from scratch: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/cloudfront-err-400-unable-to-del-existing/#post-15884

Let me know if that helps!

Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 11:12 pm #20136
Echomango

Thanks so much Cristián – I deleted the original installation with the script provided and then did a fresh install and it works wonderfully! Now I can start building. Not sure what I could have done wrong with the first installation but not very worried now that things are working. Phew!

I notice that there is a “Share or embed” message that appears after the video. Is there a way to dump that?

Tom

Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 3:17 am #20163

That’s great! Thanks for the update. :)

No, don’t know about that. You can ask in the JW Player forums about it or Google it, I guess.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 9:15 am #20197
Echomango

Thanks Cristián. For anyone else out there who might have made the same mistake here is the solution: I had a look at the JW Player forums and found that when you first download the player there is a checkbox that needs to be unchecked. The box is titled ” Include Viral, a video sharing plugin.” I obviously overlooked that when I first downloaded the program so I went back and unchecked the box, downloaded the new files without the plugin and uploaded the new js and swf files to my JW Player directory (after renaming the old ones). It did the trick!

Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 9:39 pm #20257
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Thank you for sharing that helpful information! :)

~Awarded user Echomango the Helpful badge.
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.