latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

TWO memberships with recurring payments…

Home Forums Community Forum TWO memberships with recurring payments…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 7:47 am #23559
cassel
Username: cassel

I know that s2M cannot YET offer two separate memberships with recurring payments simultaneously. Can you clarify what happens if an existing member, with a recurring membership, registers and pays for a secong membership with recurring payment?

I know the EOT will change to the second. How about the ccaps? Are they added or replaced?
And the payment itself? is the old payment stopped and replaced by the new one?

I want to offer my members an option to upgrade to another “package” with different ccaps (and more) but what will happen of their current membership, ccaps and payment if they choose that upgrade?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 10:03 am #23585
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Cassel,

How about the ccaps? Are they added or replaced?

I’m pretty sure they are added, unless you remove them first using ‘none’ instead of a ccap, if I’m not mistaken, although if you do use it, you would use it before the rest.

And the payment itself? is the old payment stopped and replaced by the new one?

That is correct, I believe. One thing’s for sure, the user won’t continue to pay the old payment. ;)

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 10:12 am #23586
cassel

Thanks for the clarification. I am planning something so i could have two options for memberships, either two options to give from the start, or one option to upgrade current membership, which would include the same ccaps PLUS something else. This will make the process as easy as i hoped for (just wanted to make sure).

Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 11:10 am #23587
Eduan
Username: Eduan

I’m pretty sure they are added, unless you remove them first using ‘none’ instead of a ccap, if I’m not mistaken, although if you do use it, you would use it before the rest.

Although that’s for one-time payments, not sure if it’ll work the same with subscriptions.

Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 11:55 am #23592
cassel

Who could confirm that? Maybe Cristian or Jason?

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 4:47 am #23651
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

If the user registers for a second membership while logged out of your site, then s2Member will just see them as a new user (they’ll have to use a different email address to signup, since WordPress won’t let them register the same email address twice; all email addresses have to be unique).

If the member is logged in and they try checking out using a normal signup form (i.e., a non-Billing Modification form), then I believe they get an error that says the invoice is already paid.

If the member is logged in and they use a Billing Modification form (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms) to upgrade or downgrade their account, their ccaps will follow them to whatever Level they are upgraded/downgraded to unless you specifically delete all of them (using the special -all in the Custom Capability field).

So, if a member at Level 1 has ccap1,ccap2 and then they use a Billing Modification form to upgrade to Level 2, and on that Billing Modification form you’ve specified that ccap3 should be added, then after they upgrade they will have ccap1,ccap2,ccap3.

However, if on the Billing Modification form you specify -all,ccap3, then after they upgrade to Level 2 they will only have ccap3.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.