latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Undefined variable cache_needs_updating

Home Forums Community Forum Undefined variable cache_needs_updating

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 7:18 pm #42524
Robert Lilly
Username: rclilly

This problem has been around for a long time, and so has it’s fix. See http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/please-fix-cache-inc-php-on-line-97/#post-21453 for the solution to this and the “undefined index” in admin-notices.inc.php problem. A recent response from the s2Member support team misses the point (see http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/cache-needs-updating-error/#post-41425). This is NOT a matter of being incompatible with WP_DEBUG, it has to do with an improperly set variable and inaccurate coding.

Setting WP_DEBUG to false is NOT the answer. I need that on for debugging other facets of the site. Having the notices about this plugin persist from upgrade to upgrade is very annoying indeed. I have no incentive to want to upgrade to the pro version of the plugin if this is how coding problems are handled. In fact, I’m auditioning other membership plugins whose responsiveness to known coding problems is faster than the greater than six months that this problem has existed.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 4:04 pm #45180
Peter Kang
Username: barrel

I just updated to all the latest framework and pro plugins, but these error messages persists. Please add these fixes.

I agree with @RobertLilly — according to those pages, these minor fixes should have been remedied last year!! It’s generally bad practice to call a variable without checking for its existence. Additionally, how hard can it be to supress the warnings to any potentially undeclared variable with the “@” error control operator?

The main reason why I expect these issues to be fixed, besides being a paying subscriber, is to prevent the layout from breaking. I have DEBUG turned on to see errors in my code for theme and plugin development, not a plugin’s code. While trying to develop a theme that makes use of this plugin, it’s hard to debug properly–javascript sometimes breaks when the DEBUG messages show up.

Please provide a minor fix as soon as possible.

Posted: Monday Jul 8th, 2013 at 5:58 pm #53131

Is this not fixed yet? Please, we cant use bad or sloppy code in our installs by company policy.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:42 pm #53266
Eduan
Username: Eduan

I’ll bring this post to Jason’s attention so that he can review this again. :)

Posted: Thursday Jul 11th, 2013 at 9:21 am #53289
Eduan
Username: Eduan

He got back to me with confirmation that this is not gonna be in s2Member yet.

It is gonna be fixed in the next generation of s2Member but not for now.

– Eduan

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.