latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

understanding S2 / PayPal / checkout

Home Forums Community Forum understanding S2 / PayPal / checkout

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  bob mane 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jun 6th, 2012 at 9:51 am #15685
bob mane
Username: bobmane

1) with PayPal Express

buttons for subscriptions or memberships
only way to sell subscriptions to pages unless paying PayPal an extra 60 a month

2) with PayPal Pro

cc on site
must use forms
memberships only if paying PayPal 30 a month
memberships and subscriptions only if paying PayPal an 30 + 30 a month for recurring option
no buttons available unless buttons are Express

can anyone please point me to live sites / live demos or info that have each method so I can better understand it?

and in any case, is this right…? S2member has:

no multi-purchases
no PayPal cart
no simple faux cart
no form that can list multiple items before checkout
no user account page of any kind

sorry but coming from magento im having a hard time understanding not having a cart and how it all works

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jun 6th, 2012 at 10:56 am #15691
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

I think you have to keep in mind the purpose of s2member. I’ts not designed to be a shopping cart. It’s designed to help you protect content and sell access to that content.

So if you are looking to sell products outside the content / downloads this won’t do everything.

It just depends on what exactly your trying to accomplish. You can bundle packages of content together but there is no user-selection cart like with an actual e-commerce plugin.

I agree that it would be nice to have a demo site where people can see the functions in action. However, that could be a real pain when someone messes it up! lol!

Hope that helps clarify a little,

Dave

Posted: Wednesday Jun 6th, 2012 at 1:34 pm #15702
bob mane

for example, i just upgraded to S2 pro on this website and i got only an email from paypal ….normally i would get an email from the website too + it was not obvious where to get my pro content (if i were a new user).

is that normal or can it be made to send confirmation email too?

can it be made to list url links in the user account to each access point the user is allowed to?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  bob mane.
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  bob mane.
Posted: Thursday Jun 7th, 2012 at 6:48 am #15778

Hi Bob.

All excellent points. What Dave explained is correct too. s2Member started as a simple plugin for a specific purpose and it’s outgrown what its original code could let it do without major hacks or rewrites. So we’re doing that, rewriting the whole thing. Jason is almost full time on that, which is why he’s less in the forums.

We’re working on including most, if not all, of the things you mentioned. Although it’s about selling access to a website’s content, it’s now been wanted more and more by site owners that sell different contents in different ways, in the same site. So we want to have a cart, and a way for the user to add/remove stuff to one single order. And make it possible to have more than one subscription going for the same account. And be able to send notifications and reminders and thanks, at set times, for different things. And much, much more.

It’s been almost half a year in the making and it’s only weeks away from a beta version we’ll test as much as possible to then release publicly as soon as we can. There’s still a bit more to do, but we’re very close, and those issues you mentioned will be much less or none.

By the way, what you said in your first post is all correct, that’s how it behaves, yes.

Posted: Thursday Jun 7th, 2012 at 7:00 am #15779
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Bob,

By default, s2Member sends a confirmation email. Please see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email.

Posted: Thursday Jun 7th, 2012 at 1:40 pm #15814
bob mane

By default, s2Member sends a confirmation email. Please see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email.

so why did i not get one from you when i bought s2 pro?

Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 3:41 pm #15949

It may have been an email delivery issue. Did you check your spam folder?

I’ll show this to Jason, in case he has some logs he can review to check that the email was sent to you.

Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 4:15 pm #15957
bob mane

unless i am mistaken it did not come (not even to spam)

Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 5:49 pm #15969
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this request for support.

@ Bob Mane

Hi there! I just checked your account, and we did send an email confirmation to the address listed on your account. Since you obviously did not receive it, I’ll have accounting send you a separate invoice, just so you have that on file. Please let us know if you have any further trouble in this regard. NOTE: I’m aware you have some other tickets posted, and we’ll address those in-turn, asap :-)

Posted: Saturday Jun 9th, 2012 at 10:42 pm #16097
bob mane

many thanks…i got the new one..must have been some weird email thing.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.