latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Upgrade a membership role through Clickbank?

Home Forums Community Forum Upgrade a membership role through Clickbank?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 8:59 pm #15106

Hi there,

I encourage my users to register with my site for free as I am building a community, forum, etc.

I would like to sell a product through Clickbank, and wonder whether (hope!) it is possible to configure a Clickbank sale to give an unregistered user a membership with a specific role that allows them to see paywalled site content, and ‘upgrade’ an existing user from subscriber status to the role that allows them to see the content.

Is this possible with S2member Pro? If not/if there’s a better way to achieve my use case, please let me know!

Thanks,
Chris

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 9:28 pm #15108

Actually, perhaps role isn’t the best way to do this because I would like to have more and more products as time goes by that aren’t upgrades from each other, and users can pick and choose which they want.

Is there a way to attach a specific capability to a user, that lets them see a certain page/category/tag with a sale – would that be the way to go?

The process would perhaps look like:

Buy Now > Clickbank checkout > Create an account/sign in for instant access

OR, if I understand custom capabilities, shortcodes, etc right, I have a sales page, and if the user is logged in they simply get a sales page that gives them a custom capability, if they’re not logged in they’re given a page split down the middle – on the left is ‘sign up’ and on the right ‘already a member? sign in!’, each with their own button. Depending on which side they enter, they either get a new account and, providing they complete checkout, a custom capability, or they’re logged in and (again assuming full checkout) get the capability. My first idea is preferable though, of course, because the user isn’t distracted from purchase with signing up.

New users would of course have to activate their account before they log in – but it’s not a problem to add capabilities to a non active account is it?

I realise this isn’t a tech support forum, and some of this is a little tech support looking(!), but I think the crux of all this is whether the integration with Clickbank will handle shooting the custom capabilities back and forth… right?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Posted: Friday Jun 1st, 2012 at 6:18 am #15147
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Chris,

It sounds like you have the right idea and using Custom Capabilities to “sell” specific products would be the way to go. If a member is already logged in, you simply show them a Custom Capability Buy Now form and sell them that Custom Capability (i.e., “product”).

For non-members, you show a signup form that includes the Custom Capability for that product (you can use Advanced Shortcode Conditionals to check if the user is logged it or not and then show the appropriate form; see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals and Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals)).

Posted: Friday Jun 1st, 2012 at 6:39 am #15148

Thanks Raam!

So, just to make sure I understand correctly:

– S2member Pro will take care of securing the transaction between my user database and Clickbank, with no way to circumvent the checkout and still somehow receive the custom capability

– A logged in user can press a button, be taken to Clickbank, when they checkout their user account will be modified to include a custom capability

– A non logged in user can be prompted to enter their user details and press a button, which (in one press) will log them in and take them to Clickbank and upon checking out their account will be modified to include a custom capability

– An unregistered user can be prompted to enter their signup details and press a button, which will take them to Clickbank and upon checking out they will become registered and have a custom capability – not needing to activate their account until after payment is confirmed

If these things are all correct then S2member Pro is exactly what I need and I’ll purchase it before bugging any more about implementation (I’ll bug you in the registered support forums after purchase ;))…

Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 6:00 pm #15574

Hi Chris.

– S2member Pro will take care of securing the transaction between my user database and Clickbank, with no way to circumvent the checkout and still somehow receive the custom capability

– A logged in user can press a button, be taken to Clickbank, when they checkout their user account will be modified to include a custom capability

Right.

– A non logged in user can be prompted to enter their user details and press a button, which (in one press) will log them in and take them to Clickbank and upon checking out their account will be modified to include a custom capability

Not exactly, because the login and checkout aren’t combined into one. You can have the ClickBank button generated with s2Member’s shortcode in the Login Welcome page, where the person will be taken to right after logging in. Then he’d have to click the ClickBank button start the checkout process.

You could try to customize this with a hack, so that a person logging in, if he doesn’t have the custom capability you’re selling, will be redirected to ClickBank.

– An unregistered user can be prompted to enter their signup details and press a button, which will take them to Clickbank and upon checking out they will become registered and have a custom capability – not needing to activate their account until after payment is confirmed

Again, this is not the default behavior. When a user registers, he then has to login manually, and he won’t be forwarded to ClickBank automatically. And, again, you could hack a customization to do it the way you want.

There’s a hack you can try for auto-login after registration, and if you already hacked the ClickBank redirection when ccap is missing on login, I think you’d have what you want.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.