latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Upgrade Customer from buy now to subscription

Home Forums Community Forum Upgrade Customer from buy now to subscription

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jun 3rd, 2012 at 12:54 pm #15283

Is it possible to create a button that puts people who not yet have a subscription but an account onto subscription, but charge them only once the current acount time has run out?

I.e. User bought a 1 year membership, after 1 month he decides because he likes the page, he would like to regularily pay the 1 year fee via subscription. If I now set him up with a simple button, then he is charged directly, however I want that at the date of his 1 year membership running out, he will be charged the first time for subscription…

2. I have a big problem on demotion/subscription and think this was mentioned already several times as request, if a subscription is suspended, the member gets demoted, and the paypal payments deleted. This is really not nice, cause if a user had problems with his credit card, and after sorting that out, I as website owner reactivate his subscription, and pull in outstanding payments, I now have to look through my archived emails to set up the paypal ID and so on that was lost when s2member deleted the information.

Also if you convince people who cancelled automatic payments after some time to rejoin, it’s the same problem. Please at least give an option not to delete any information when demoting a user.

Could I achieve this via mu-plugin?
http://www.s2member.com/kb/forcing-a-specific-demotion-role/

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jun 4th, 2012 at 8:14 am #15352
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Is it possible to create a button that puts people who not yet have a subscription but an account onto subscription, but charge them only once the current acount time has run out?

I.e. User bought a 1 year membership, after 1 month he decides because he likes the page, he would like to regularily pay the 1 year fee via subscription. If I now set him up with a simple button, then he is charged directly, however I want that at the date of his 1 year membership running out, he will be charged the first time for subscription

It’s not possible to “delay” the payment until after the existing membership runs out, however you can set the trial/initial time so that the user won’t be charged for the time they’ve already paid for.

So for example, let’s say someone buys a 1 year membership and then after 1 month they decide to signup for a recurring annal subscription. You could show them a Billing Modification form (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms) that is configured for a recurring 1 year subscription with the first 11 months free. The user would pay for 1 year and then their next recurring payment wouldn’t happen for 1 year + 11 months.

You could write some code that checks how much time the account has remaining and then dynamically show the Billing Modification form with the correct initial/trial period (see Dynamic Shortcode Attributes).

2. I have a big problem on demotion/subscription and think this was mentioned already several times as request, if a subscription is suspended, the member gets demoted, and the paypal payments deleted. This is really not nice, cause if a user had problems with his credit card, and after sorting that out, I as website owner reactivate his subscription, and pull in outstanding payments, I now have to look through my archived emails to set up the paypal ID and so on that was lost when s2member deleted the information.

Also if you convince people who cancelled automatic payments after some time to rejoin, it’s the same problem. Please at least give an option not to delete any information when demoting a user.

The cancellation of a subscription after so many failed payments is something that PayPal does, not s2Member. When PayPal cancels the subscription it also sends an IPN message to s2Member regarding this cancellation and s2Member handles that according to what you have configured in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior.

If you want to change the s2Member EOT Behavior, you’ll need to customize the code yourself. Please see this are of the code for more information.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.