latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Video: custom registration fields?

Home Forums Community Forum Video: custom registration fields?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 1:19 pm #27095

While watching a video today, it mentioned that something like “here are the custom registration form field(s) we set up in a previous video” before going on to discuss the features the video was about. I can’t seem to find that video which walks you through setting up the custom registration fields. In the PayPal button video it said they added zip code or something to the custom registration form. Also, is there a video specific to s2 Pro version too?

My install is WordPress plus BuddyPress. I can and have set up the Buddy Press additional custom “registration” fields. I say “registration” as BP automatically adds the profile fields to the registration screen but displays the info under “profile” in the membership site. The registration page shows the WP+s2 info in a box at the top of the screen (all required) and then shows a seperate box for all of the BP profile info. This looks great and functions great but I need to add a few fields to the first box and can’t find the video(s) for that.

Also, I want to get phone numbers. With our membership base this isn’t a problem. I know PayPal discourages this per their instructions. How does s2 handle that info when PayPal sends it? Where do I need to add the field so it matches the PayPal info?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 6:58 pm #27151
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

I believe the General Options Overview video shows the Custom Registration Fields, but it sounds like you’ve already found where they are and used them (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields).

I need to add a few fields to the first box and can’t find the video(s) for that.

Which “first box” are you referring to? The only place you can add fields in s2Member is through the Custom Registration Fields section (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields). These fields are separate from the WordPress profile fields and the BuddyPress Profile fields. If you need to add fields to either of those, you’ll need to find a plugin that specifically extends those.

Also, I want to get phone numbers. With our membership base this isn’t a problem. I know PayPal discourages this per their instructions. How does s2 handle that info when PayPal sends it? Where do I need to add the field so it matches the PayPal info?

PayPal doesn’t “send” the phone number to s2Member at all. s2Member doesn’t receive any billing information from PayPal about the transaction, other than basic things like the payer email, payer name, and information about the transaction (amount paid, success/failure, etc.).

If you wanted to collect the phone number, you would need to create a Custom Registration Field that shows up during registration and ask the user for it while registering.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.