latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Which has priority: blog or category?

Home Forums Community Forum Which has priority: blog or category?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Sep 13th, 2012 at 7:10 pm #25217

If a category is restricted to level 1 members but some posts in that category are restricted to level 2 members, which will take precedence in the case of a level 1 member trying to view the post and/or the archive for that category? Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 12:29 am #25248
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

If a post is assigned a category that is restricted to Level 2 membership, then only members with Level 2 or higher will be able to access that post, regardless of what other categories assigned to the post.

Archives are special pages created by WordPress that list posts by categories or dates. You’ll want to test those pages to make sure they’re not displaying more content than you want. If you want to entirely hide restricted posts (i.e., even hide their titles from lists), you’ll need to modify your theme files and update the conditionals (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced Query Conditionals).

Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 4:57 am #25272

OK, maybe I framed that wrong. If a category is for level 2 subscribers but I want to make one post in that category available to a wider audience and give it a level 0 restriction, which will prevail? Will level 0 subscribers be able to view that particular post even though it is associated with a level 2-restricted category?

Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 7:09 am #25289

Hi Michael.

Just did a test, and it seems the Post restriction wins over the Category one. I created a post and set it at Level 0, and then protected the category its in at Level 2. Went to the post after logging out and the Membership Options page vars say it’s protected at Level 0 by the Post restriction. When I did the same test with another post in that category, but without the Post restriction set, it was protected at Level 2. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)[/hilite]

You can do your own test to confirm this.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.