latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Would love to buy pro, but….

Home Forums Community Forum Would love to buy pro, but….

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  George Jerome 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jun 2nd, 2013 at 9:04 pm #51200

I installed the free version. I set everything that the videos say to set. I get the site secure on the footer of my WP pages, so this is doing something,
BUT… access to WP pages is not restricted in any way, and the plugin does not point to the membership signup page.
I tried a posting [actually 2] in your community forum, but no responses. If I can’t get past this, it will be on to the next plugin. I need help, and no where to turn.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jun 2nd, 2013 at 10:34 pm #51202
cassel
Username: cassel

For the restriction, what method are you using? Are you using page/post restriction or conditional? It is not WP but s2M that will restrict content based on what you tell it.

The plugin will point to the page if you created it and indicated it the “Membership Option Page” in your s2M, but that will only be if you have the correct restriction put in place, at first.

Posted: Monday Jun 3rd, 2013 at 10:22 am #51216

I set page restrictions, but they seem to do nothing. I created the pages as shown in your literature, [and I verified that they are there], but s2 doesn’t point top anything. Except for the site secure button, it seems to do nothing.
I do not see anything in your videos or instructions that helps solve a problem like this.

Posted: Monday Jun 3rd, 2013 at 11:02 am #51219

I just went back and restricted everything I can find. If I can get s2 to do something [send user to signin page], then I can start backing off restrictions to see how this works.
No matter what I do, s2 does nothing. I always get the first WP page, unrestricted.
And nothing in your information gives me a clue as to how to solve this.
I am a customer if I can get this working. I am gone if not.

Posted: Monday Jun 3rd, 2013 at 11:17 am #51220
cassel

It should be working, so the issue is to figure out what is going on. I have been using this plugin for over 2 years (i am not a tech support, just another customer) and once i got it set up, everything was fine. So, let’s just have a look at what you are doing for the restrictions.

– are you protecting content based on level or ccaps?
– where do you enter the restriction value? In the page? In the box on the top right?
– when you say that you get the first page, unrestricted, do you mean the “home” page? I think it cannot be restricted since you need visitors to land somewhere.
– did you try checking a page as yourself (an admin) or a non-logged in visitor? This can make a difference.

I am sure there will be a simple solution. It is just a matter of finding it.

Posted: Monday Jun 3rd, 2013 at 11:31 am #51221

Cassel, I really appreciate your help -it is getting very frustrating.
Maybe I am looking at this wrong. right now, I have just one page in WP – I posted 2 items. But I created 2 additional pages, as per the s2 instructions. When I go to the WP part of my site, I get that one WP page with 2 postings – exactly as before s2. I assumed that It would send me to the member signup page, no?
I set up 3 levels, 0, 1, and 2. [set as silver and gold].
Since I am not “signed up”, I assume it should take me to the signup page, not my first posting page.
First I only put page restrictions, and that did nothing. Just now, I put posting restrictions “all”, and I still get to the first page of WP, with postings.
It appears that s2 is doing nothing whatever.
I previously installed paid member pro, and basically had the same result, it didn’t restrict anything. I eventually gave up on it. I deactivated that one, but did not completely remove it. It appears to me that nothing actually prevents someone from going to any page they want – and defeats the concept of paid subscriptions.

Posted: Monday Jun 3rd, 2013 at 12:45 pm #51223
cassel

I can understand your frustration (been there, done that). Let`s just look one step at the time.
You said you set up the 3 levels.
You have a page for “Membership Option Page”, i assume.
For the other pages you created, where did you enter the page restriction? Did you enter it in the box on the top right?

Posted: Monday Jun 3rd, 2013 at 1:11 pm #51224

I think you just hit something relevant. I went to “all pages” in WP. It lists all of the membership pages, but it does not list what I am calling the “main” WP page – the one that comes up when I invoke the WP portion of my site.
If I edit any of the other pages, other than the two required by s2, it shows that page as already restricted by my level 2 page restriction. But I cannot seem to get to that opening page in WP, except that is what comes up first.
I have to go out for an hour or so.
When I get back, I will try to figure out what gives with this opening page.

Again, I very much appreciate your helping.
George

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.