latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

You must login before making this purchase.

Home Forums Community Forum You must login before making this purchase.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 26th, 2013 at 10:10 pm #54187
cassel
Username: cassel

Using the Pro-form, I have a form on a page that I set to accept coupons (only reason I use the pro-form). I know that a user needs to be logged in if they are already members so that their purchase gets associated with their account (I had to do it manually in the past) so I put a RED note beside the form to warn members to log in, in order to get their account “credited” with that purchase and the matching ccap.

To my understanding, a non-member would just fill out the form and create their account right then and there. However, today, as I was creating such a pro-form for a promotion, I noticed that if I am not logged in, I get the message that “You must login before making this purchase.” which does not make sense if the viewer is not a member as it only sends them to the LOGIN page and not a REGISTRATION page. And then, why have the form below if it cannot be used by a new member?

This is the page I just created: http://scrapbookcampus.com/promo/scrapbooking-on-a-deadline-coupon/

I also noticed that this “feature” has been added to all my pro-forms, and that was NOT the case before.

What is going on now?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jul 26th, 2013 at 10:50 pm #54188
cassel
Username: cassel

Nevermind. After re-re-reading instructions, I realized that I had set the s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level=”*” instead of the s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level=”1″. I guess I copied and pasted one pro-form I had used for a Billing modification not realizing that tiny but essential difference.

Catastrophe avoided!

Posted: Saturday Jul 27th, 2013 at 5:29 am #54207

Cool. Thanks for posting this! Yes, if you set level=”*” it requires a user to be logged into the site, because it implies that you are adding new Custom Capabilities to an existing account (e.g. for an existing user of the site).

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.