latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Your Link Expired Error Message

Home Forums Community Forum Your Link Expired Error Message

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 12:21 pm #25970

Hi,

We’re using the “Specific Post/Page Access” function to grant purchaser access to a video workshop page. We have a customer to whom we’ve now issued 3 Access codes. They work for awhile and then give her the message:

Your Link Expired:
Please contact Support if you need assistance.

We have set the Expiration date for 5 years so that’s not the issue. When I try the links they work so I need to know how to troubleshoot this on her end, what questions to ask my client to determine where the problem may reside. As I said, the links work for her and then they stop working. For example, could there be a browser or an operating system issue?

Please let me know what other information you need from me in order to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 12:26 pm #25971
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Karyl,

They work for awhile and then give her the message:

How much time do they work? Almost instant and it expires, maybe?

Really the only suggestion I can make is that you change the option under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› URL Shortening Service and see if that fixes it. This is usually the cause of the problem, in the cases I’ve seen.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 3:08 pm #25984
Paul Foster
Username: PAFoster

I also noticed this error message when testing something else.

It’s sorted, but I couldn’t help thinking if I was the customer/user/member, I wouldn’t be able to do anything.

Is there any way this message can have “contact Support” as a hyper link to the support page/email, as is done at the bottom of the s2Member PayPal Return Page?

At least then the customer can move forward with the issue.

:)

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 11:00 pm #26012
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Paul,

You should be able to change that message using front-end translations.

Posted: Friday Sep 21st, 2012 at 9:21 am #26048

Raam,

I see your response to Paul but I’m wondering if you, or another support rep, are going to respond to my inquiry. Eduan provided a possible solution but it looks like he’s an experienced customer, not a support rep. Do experienced customers function as support reps in this forum?

I’ve sent my customer a new link using the tinyurl option (I was using goo.gl). I’ve not heard from her yet so I don’t know if this will work or not. I did find out that she’s using a PC with Windows 7 and she’s tried accessing the program in both Firefox and IE9. I’m not sure why the link shortener service would work in some instances but not others. If tinyurl doesn’t work, what’s the next step?

Thank you.

Posted: Saturday Sep 22nd, 2012 at 6:56 am #26102

Hi Karyl.

As I said, the links work for her and then they stop working. For example, could there be a browser or an operating system issue?

What do you mean by it not working? What error/message is she given when she uses the link and it doesn’t work?

Maybe it has to do with the Unique IP restriction? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Unique IP Access Restrictions[/hilite]

I’m not sure why the link shortener service would work in some instances but not others. If tinyurl doesn’t work, what’s the next step?

Sometimes TinyURL doesn’t work, Goo.gl seems to have been more reliable in some cases. If the problem really were the shortening service and you needed to try a third one, you can still do it using a service that lets you use their API via URL (e.g. Bit.ly). You can enter the URL for it here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› URL Shortening Service -> Custom URL Shortening Service API[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.