latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Adding the SSL certificate

Home Forums Community Forum Adding the SSL certificate

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Oct 10th, 2012 at 7:55 am #27981
Ulrich Peise
Username: tony72

Hi there,

Hostgator confirmed that they added the SSL certificate to my site guitaringenuity.com. I read through the documentation and I understand that I now need to add a custom field to the specific pages that need to have the SSL.

I am using the Catalyst Theme (dynamik) and I am not clear where to add the this string: s2member_force_ssl = yes

Can you please point me into the right direction?

Thank you.

Ulrich.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Oct 10th, 2012 at 8:48 am #27987
Ulrich Peise
Username: tony72

Actually, I just installed the HTTPS/SSL wordpress plugin and it seems to work fine. So unless you guys see any problem with me using that plugin, I am good an don’t need further assistance on this issue. Thanks.

Posted: Wednesday Oct 10th, 2012 at 8:15 pm #28042
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

That plugin should work fine, but for future reference, the s2member_force_ssl goes into a Custom Field on the Post/Page with a value of yes. You should find the Custom Fields at the bottom of the Post/Page editing screen.

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 2:03 pm #28880
Zechariah
Username: ctabor1

Thanks for this post… looking for comprehensive info or tutorials on the ssl… can you send me to the right page for a step by step?

I am a paid S2 member, just enabled PayPal PRO, trying to get a handle on this technical stuff… API, etc.
Is there a one stop area that addresses all of this?

Thanks..
Christine

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 2:05 pm #28881
Zechariah
Username: ctabor1

also… Host Gator says I have to enable https in wordpress… or is that part of your S2Member set up?

And… Host Gator also says that once the ssl is installed to the domain, it changes the ip and could cause site to be down for a bit… but also said we could “flush”… doing this:
For windows, you would open the command prompt, and type ‘ipconfig /flushdns’

Can you comment on this too, since it’s related?

Thanks…
Christine

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 6:56 pm #28943
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Christine,

The setup and installation of SSL on your site is entirely outside the scope of the s2Member plugin. The SSL Certificate installation process is very specific to your web hosting environment and all assistance with that should be directed at your web hosting provider.

As for enabling SSL in WordPress, there is information about that on the WordPress Codex. s2Member itself provides a small feature for forcing SSL to be loaded on specific pages by creating a WordPress Custom Field at the bottom of any page/post (on the post editor screen) with a key name of s2member_force_ssl and a value of yes.

If you’re using PayPal Pro, then whatever pages you put the s2Member Pro-Form onto should also have that Custom Field that forces SSL to ensure that nobody accesses the page without SSL.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.