latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Follow up on Group Level Accounts

Home Forums Community Forum Follow up on Group Level Accounts

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Casey Noland 3 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Dec 12th, 2013 at 1:33 pm #61879
Casey Noland
Username: ncase

Hey guys, following up on Cristián Lávaque’s promising words from around 18 months ago regarding Group Level accounts.

Original post: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/group-level-accounts/
Non response follow up: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/group-multi-user-accounts/

Hoping to get an update on this topic, even if it is stalled/dead. This is a critical feature for us coming from another system where we have a key/redemption system for two types of situations: 1) Offline sales – We sell paper cards in retail locations good for memberships on our site. 2) Institution (group) accounts – We sell access to our site at discounts to large organizations. Generally a group has anywhere from 20 – 400 users.

At this point, unless the project is stealth and hidden somewhere it looks like this will need to be a custom development. I’m happy to hire a freelance developer to produce this (Colin if you’re interested in splitting costs contact me) but I’d love to know if any work was done and what lessons where learned and/or potential best practices I can share with my developer.

Alternatively MemberMouse has a group feature that seems like it would work for my needs but their pricing is obviously less favorable.

Thanks for the help.
Casey

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Dec 15th, 2013 at 2:13 pm #61944

Hi,

I’m also very interested in group functionality. I’m currently working on a site where people should be allowed to buy a ‘family’ membership and then sign up additional family members. Will this be possible with the group level accounts? Is there another way to do this in the meantime if the group level accounts feature isn’t coming soon?

thanks!

-Chris

Posted: Sunday Dec 15th, 2013 at 7:52 pm #61952
cassel
Username: cassel

I have no inside information on the development of s2Member’s next major release, but I know that Krum has developed something that might meet your needs. I never used that particular plugin he created but I have used others. Also I know it is not cheap but it is mean for businesses and it will be worth it instead of doing all the work manually to have 50 or 100 accounts created separately.

Check out his product for group:
http://krumch.com/2013/07/09/kc-groups-management/?ap_id=Cassel

And if you need something tweaked or so, he can do it for you.
It is worth checking and asking him any question.

Posted: Tuesday Dec 17th, 2013 at 6:40 pm #62018
Casey Noland
Username: ncase

Thanks Cassel, still interested in where (if anywhere) the S2 Member team is on this for core. But I’ll take a closer look at the KC-groups plugin now. Might be a great head start.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.