latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How do I lvl protect the login welcome pg?

Home Forums Community Forum How do I lvl protect the login welcome pg?

This topic contains 58 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Philly 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 1:51 pm #22016

Hi there
I am a newbie to this process but this is incredible. I must be missing something on the login welcome page to level 1 and 2 memberships meaning we offer a basic monthly and a quarterly? I am not sure what to place where? how do you turn on the page numbers?
Thank you so much in advance

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 58 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 8:53 pm #22042
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Moshe,

I’m not sure I understand your problem, you want to offer different content on the login welcome page depending on the user’s level?

If so, then you may want to check this article about s2Member conditionals:
Knowledge Base » s2Member® Conditionals

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 11:58 am #22113

Hi Eduan,
Sorry for the muddy question, lets see… how do i set the member levels for instance, monthly membership and quarterly membership are the only offerings, so after they have joined they will receive only the member content AND (sorry two part question) the free subscribers receive only the free content.I hope that is more clear?
While I have you as well
Do you know of MOW Pop if so will it provide a pop up after new subscriber wants to join ie a pop up with our disclaimer pops up then they agree and then continue with the membership process? if not any recommendations?
Thank you very much for your assistance
Brian admin for Moshe

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 12:32 pm #22123
Eduan

Hello Moshe,

If I understood correctly then, you will be interested in the following articles:

For the different contents at different levels:
Knowledge Base » s2Member® Conditionals

And for the popup:
Knowledge Base » Force Terms & Conditions agreement

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 2:08 pm #22139

Once again, I sincerely thank you. I think I am on the right track now

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 4:45 pm #22155
Eduan

Excellent! Glad I was able to help. :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 3:12 pm #22274

Hello Eduan, I have a question about the short code that is available for the Post Page editor for the ‘force terms and conditions’….please excuse my “newbieness” if you will, but where do I place this code within the editor?
Thank you
Brian

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 9:13 am #22342
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Moshe,

Which shortcode are you referring to? Can you copy and paste it here?

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 10:22 am #22360

Hello Raam,
I hope this email finds us peacefully and surrounded in abundance. Raam, I almost fell out of my chair when I saw your picture. My name is Brian I am Moshe’s business partner. We are out here in Oxnard at the Harbor of which you know quite well. We recently purchased a single license for Pro. I find this and excellent tool although I am code challenged and am teaching myself this backoffice game. Our membership website is in need of fine tuning to complete our soft launch. What a small world little did we know that one of the coders was right here in the clubhouse.
If you would be willing to assist me with some of the last few issues I am facing I would greatly appreciate it! The code is one of the issues I am faced with. If you are willing to work with me on some items we certainly would be willing to donate for compensation of your time. the code listed below was sent to me by Eduan, but I have no clue where to place it. Much success to you Raam, I look forward to the possibilities.
Brian
http://www.tradingwithoutdoubt.com

http://www.s2member.com/kb/force-terms-and-conditions-agreement/

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Added a valid link
Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 4:07 pm #22390

Hello and thank you for your support.
How do I set the membership levels for our monthy vs quarterly membership offering? Then apply the page numbers to these levels of the content for free vs paid members? is that how it is done in content separation?
Thanks again
Brian

Posted: Monday Aug 20th, 2012 at 9:18 am #22562
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Moshe, Brian,

I was just as surprised as you when I saw Moshe’s name and realized who it was. What a small world. :)

I’m working here for s2Member doing technical support for the plugin, but we don’t offer any custom programming services. I’m also not doing any programming freelance work at this time. If you need help implementing the PHP code, we recommend posting a job on jobs.wordpress.net.

Any programmer should be able to implement the PHP code that Eduan pointed you to and if they have any questions, we’ll be happy to answer them.

How do I set the membership levels for our monthy vs quarterly membership offering? Then apply the page numbers to these levels of the content for free vs paid members? is that how it is done in content separation?

If you’re offerring a monthly and quarterly content, I recommend using Custom Capabilities and creating a ‘monthly’ and ‘quarterly’ Custom Capability, then using those to restrict your content.

When you create your payment forms, you’ll add the ‘monthly’ or ‘quarterly’ custom capability to the form when you generate it (that way whoever signs up with the Monthly payment form will have the ‘monthly’ custom capability, and those who sign up with the quarterly form will have the ‘quarterly’ custom capability).

Posted: Monday Aug 20th, 2012 at 11:39 am #22572

Hi there,
Thanks for your response. I hope you are doing well. I thank you in advance as I am NOT a programmer so I apologize for my “newbiness” (how is that for a word). I will look into the Custom capabilities as you have suggested. The clubhouse is still holding its own. What a beautiful setting here at the harbor. I understand about the programming scenario. I actually have 4 issues, maybe you can lead me to the resolutions, bear with me:
1.) Are you familiar with a pop up for wordpress that – as a new member clicks on our “join now” button, a pop up will show our terms and conditions with an accept or decline button then forwards them to the appropriate page based on their action, like forwarding them to the ccbill credit card form? I am looking at Simple pop up and or MOWPOP…will these do what I have explained, if not are you aware of one that will do this function and recommend it, without having to hire a programmer?

2.)Using s2member, I cannot use ccbill user management. They do not collect the username and password when s2member is being utilized. I confirmed with CCBill that this is the case. When I initially signed on to CCBill I wanted to use their user management because of the flexibility with handling the member info and was not told that I could not. Being a 2 person team and heavily involved in the marketing side as well, in driving traffic to our site, this would have been very beneficial. Not being familiar with the capabilities of s2member in creating another step for the new customer, I hope that this it is just as flexible and automatic…ya? have you guys found this to be a reason for new subs to get frustrated then click off the sign up with an extra account creation step? Ok so one more step for the subscriber to become a member.

Can you confirm each item in s2member/Pro that I need to make sure is ‘turned on’ so that ccbill will “ack back” so to speak, with the new sub form to tell s2member to send the welcome or denial email? Then will the new member receive their welcome email and the instructions to setup the uname and password? Then I can call CCBill back and make sure that their “do not collect uname and pwd” option is selected on my ccbill ccount. Side issue attached to this change…
now because we are using s2member, we cannot set up a ‘dummy user’ in ccbill to validate that all our postings are going out as expected after they have become a new and approved member .
3.) Can I create a dummy user in s2member or Pro that as I send out future posts with new content, I can validate that it was received to the best of my knowledge and that it possibly will find our members?
4.) Can I copy and paste archive data from one wordpress site to another,ie our blog site etfprofittriggers.com has an active archive and I want to copy it to our new membership site – tradingwithoutdoubt.com.
A.) can I make the blog posting archive on our new site lag one month behind our members only area archive? Is it possible to have 2 archives?

Thank you so much for your patience Raam, I look forward to anymore assistance you can provide.
Be well
Brian

Posted: Tuesday Aug 21st, 2012 at 9:45 am #22642
Raam Dev
Staff Member

1.) Are you familiar with a pop up for wordpress that – as a new member clicks on our “join now” button, a pop up will show our terms and conditions with an accept or decline button then forwards them to the appropriate page based on their action, like forwarding them to the ccbill credit card form? I am looking at Simple pop up and or MOWPOP…will these do what I have explained, if not are you aware of one that will do this function and recommend it, without having to hire a programmer?

This will require some custom programming to get it working the way you want, with or without a plugin. So you’ll need someone who has some programming experience to implement it for you.

2.)Using s2member, I cannot use ccbill user management. They do not collect the username and password when s2member is being utilized. I confirmed with CCBill that this is the case. When I initially signed on to CCBill I wanted to use their user management because of the flexibility with handling the member info and was not told that I could not. Being a 2 person team and heavily involved in the marketing side as well, in driving traffic to our site, this would have been very beneficial. Not being familiar with the capabilities of s2member in creating another step for the new customer, I hope that this it is just as flexible and automatic…ya? have you guys found this to be a reason for new subs to get frustrated then click off the sign up with an extra account creation step? Ok so one more step for the subscriber to become a member.

s2Member CCBill integration does not use the CCBill user management, as s2Member has its own user management: User Management needs to be turned off in your ccBill® account. s2Member’s integration with ccBill® does NOT require ccBill® to manage Usernames/Passwords. Instead, s2Member needs to be given exclusive permission to handle this for you.

There won’t be two account steps for your customer if you’re using s2Member. There will only be one step (the s2Member account creation). Please see the *Important* note under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Account Details for more information.

Can you confirm each item in s2member/Pro that I need to make sure is ‘turned on’ so that ccbill will “ack back” so to speak, with the new sub form to tell s2member to send the welcome or denial email? Then will the new member receive their welcome email and the instructions to setup the uname and password? Then I can call CCBill back and make sure that their “do not collect uname and pwd” option is selected on my ccbill ccount. Side issue attached to this change…

Please see all the in-line instructions in the following sections and fill in all the details requested there to complete your CCBill integration:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Account Details
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› DataLink Integration
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Approval/Denial URLs
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Background Post Integration

You’ll also want to make sure the signup email is configured as you want:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email

If you’re also using AWeber or MailChimp integration, you’ll need to make sure that’s configured in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers.

now because we are using s2member, we cannot set up a ‘dummy user’ in ccbill to validate that all our postings are going out as expected after they have become a new and approved member .
3.) Can I create a dummy user in s2member or Pro that as I send out future posts with new content, I can validate that it was received to the best of my knowledge and that it possibly will find our members?

Yes, you can simply create an account within WordPress and select the s2Member Level that you want. If you customers also have Custom Capabilities assigned to them, you can add those manually to the test account as well. Please see Pre Sale FAQs » Can I create new Membership accounts manually with s2Member?

4.) Can I copy and paste archive data from one wordpress site to another,ie our blog site etfprofittriggers.com has an active archive and I want to copy it to our new membership site – tradingwithoutdoubt.com.

Copying WordPress data from one site to another is possible yes. You’ll find plenty of info online about how to do this, but you may also want to post your question on the WordPress.org Support Forums.

A.) can I make the blog posting archive on our new site lag one month behind our members only area archive? Is it possible to have 2 archives?

Yes, this will require setting up new WordPress templates. This is outside the scope of s2Member support (please see support policy), but the WordPress.org Support Forums and the WordPress Codex should be able to help you do this.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 21st, 2012 at 1:39 pm #22673

Hello Raam,
Thank you for the responses. I will look into each area. As far as the code that Eduan provided that I forwarded to you a few days ago regarding the terms and agreement pop up, will this work if I give it to a programmer and they can into our site?
Thank you again for your attention to my concerns. I have some work to do
Be well
Brian

Posted: Wednesday Aug 22nd, 2012 at 6:35 am #22698
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Brian,

Yes, a PHP programmer familiar with WordPress should definitely be able to implement that for you.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 22nd, 2012 at 11:25 am #22753

Hi Raam
Thanks, where do I find the page numbers so I can set specific pages to my two levels on our membership site?
Thanks
Brian

Posted: Wednesday Aug 22nd, 2012 at 1:32 pm #22760
Eduan

Hello Moshe,

Are you referring to the post/page ID? If so, then I suggest you install this plugin, also by Jason:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-show-ids/

Posted: Wednesday Aug 22nd, 2012 at 1:54 pm #22763

Well maybe, does the post/page id area tell me what the individual page numbers are?

Posted: Wednesday Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:16 pm #22772
Eduan

Hello Moshe,

Sorry for all the questions, but I’m not sure I understand what you mean with page number… Could you please explain a little more what you mean? Thanks. :)

Posted: Wednesday Aug 22nd, 2012 at 5:26 pm #22780

Hi Eduan, well I was under the impression that post/pade ids were page numbers? as in being able to set for example,
1,7,38,144 for level 0 = free subscribers
17,24,28,35,38,127,144 for level 1 = paid members
this is how our membership breaks out level 0 is FREE subscribers, Level 1 is all paid members, we have 2 paid memberships 29.95/month and 75.95/quarterly. I hope that explains a little more of what I want to do and then where do I find these numbers, whatever they may be called, to attach to each level.
Thank you

Posted: Wednesday Aug 22nd, 2012 at 5:56 pm #22782
Eduan

Oh yes, sorry for my confusion.

Yes page/post IDs are what you’re looking for, and that plugin I pointed you to is very user friendly. :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 12:16 pm #22874

Hi Eduan
No worries the confusion is all mine as I am still learning the backend of both wordpress and s2member. Thank you so much for your help
Brian

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 12:40 pm #22878
Eduan

No problem Moshe,

Glad I was able to help. :)

Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2012 at 12:19 pm #23177

Hello Eduan,
I hope you had a relaxing weekend. My questions today are in regards to the standard signup email confirmation.
1.) %%registration_url%% what actual url needs to be here for them to successfully establish a username? do they get a popup that looks like the s2member login?
2.) with the replacement codes available like name etc… where does the code get placed within the email confirmation script?

Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2012 at 2:46 pm #23186

One other question Eduan, We have subscribers trying to sign up but they are not getting the follow up email from s2member for their user name. I made sure that all the CCBill User Management switches are turned off with CCBill Support. Can you tell me how to review all my s2member signup confirmation email. This is imperative to our success obviously. Please contact me right away. Thank you Eduan
Brian

Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2012 at 3:33 pm #23190
Eduan

1.) %%registration_url%% what actual url needs to be here for them to successfully establish a username? do they get a popup that looks like the s2member login?

I don’t understand the question fully, you mean what they get when they click that URL? If so, then I’m not sure, since I haven’t gone through the registration process myself.

2.) with the replacement codes available like name etc… where does the code get placed within the email confirmation script?

This I’m sure I don’t understand, lol. Could you please be a little more descriptive of what you mean? Thanks. :)

One other question Eduan, We have subscribers trying to sign up but they are not getting the follow up email from s2member for their user name. I made sure that all the CCBill User Management switches are turned off with CCBill Support. Can you tell me how to review all my s2member signup confirmation email. This is imperative to our success obviously. Please contact me right away. Thank you Eduan
Brian

And I really can’t offer any advice at all with CCBill, it’s not a payment gateway I’ve used, or plan to use. :/

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 58 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.