latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How do I lvl protect the login welcome pg?

Home Forums Community Forum How do I lvl protect the login welcome pg?

This topic contains 58 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Philly 4 years, 4 months ago.

Page 2 Of Topic Replies

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 58 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2012 at 4:31 pm #23194

Thanks %%first_name%%! Your membership has been approved.

If you haven’t already done so, the next step is to Register a Username.

Complete your registration here:
%%registration_url%% This url is what?

If you have any trouble, please feel free to contact us right away.

Best Regards,
Trading Without Doubt

Where do I put extra codes for full name, email, etc.? How can I edit this and add our support email?
So when I signed up I did not not get the s2Member confirmation to create my username and password?
Thanks

Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2012 at 6:42 pm #23206
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Where do I put extra codes for full name, email, etc.? How can I edit this and add our support email?

You can change this email under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email if I’m not mistaken.

So when I signed up I did not not get the s2Member confirmation to create my username and password?

So you want it so that this confirmation email of sorts isn’t even sent?

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2012 at 10:24 pm #23232

Hi there
Quite the opposite. I need to find out why the confirmation email that contains the link for the new customer to create a user name a password is located in the back office and how to make sure it is connected to CCBill. We are not working with Paypal our credit card gateway is through CCbill. Please seek assistance if you are not familiar with this instance as it has made potential customers irate because they have no way to create a username and login to the membership of which they just purchased. Thank you Eduan
Brian

Posted: Tuesday Aug 28th, 2012 at 8:06 am #23270

Hi Moshe.

You can edit the ccBill confirmation email here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email[/hilite]

One thing you could do, also, is have users register first with a free registration pro-form and then, once logged in, have them upgrade their account with the ccBill button.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Aug 28th, 2012 at 9:31 am #23291

Hello Cristian,
Thank you for your response. Here is my issue, bear with me.
1.) User Management is no longer possible with CCBill because s2member forces me to use s2member user management? please confirm
2.) I need assistance in making sure that the process is correct for a new customer to create an account with us and then have the username email from s2member – all steps enabled.

I thought I understood the process as far as s2member talking back and forth with CCBill but it appears I do not. I was not aware of any step like create a pro form etc… I was under the impression that s2member user management would do it all, after I turned off the ccbill user management to manage the customer username and password etc and their ability to create a user name.
3.) This step of confirmation from s2member is the last step for us to have a functional membership site. Please help me check all the steps within s2member to make sure everything is turned on that needs to be turned on. Even one phone call so we could square this away once and for all would save us all more time. if possible, 805-336-5196.
I will not, i repeat take for granted the possibility of future phone calls, ANYTHING to get this corrected, please!
Thank you

Posted: Tuesday Aug 28th, 2012 at 5:12 pm #23348

Hello Cristian,
I received some more information from CCBill our payment gateway. It appears that when the customer completes the CCBill credit card form, a postback is being sent over the datalinks and is received by s2member. It also appears that nothing is happening (ie s2member sending out the confirmation email) upon receipt of this post back. All appropriate ccbill software is accurately turned off in their user management in order for s2member to function. Where do I look to turn on the switch and enable the username and password email to be sent to the new member?
Thank you for your assistance
Brian

Posted: Tuesday Aug 28th, 2012 at 5:25 pm #23351

By the way folks, we are an s2 pro member. We have paid for a single license fee. I have been moved around and around with no answer to this problem. Please assist with the solution right this been ongoing for two weeks. I am very frustrated with the service with no plausible step by step to work through this.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 29th, 2012 at 3:04 pm #23443

Hello Cristian

I am sure you are swamped in the success of s2member. Maybe this issue might be an issue for Jason. I read his response with the ccbill user management turned off. All CCBill options for user management habeen turned off. Can you please forward this to him. in all sincerity
Thank you
Brian

Last challenge to turn on our membership site – please help

“I received some more information from CCBill our payment gateway. It appears that when the customer completes the CCBill credit card form, a postback is being sent over the datalinks and is received by s2member. It also appears that nothing is happening (ie s2member sending out the confirmation email) upon receipt of this post back. All appropriate ccbill software is accurately turned off in their user management in order for s2member to function. Where do I look to turn on the switch and enable the username and password email to be sent to the new member?
Thank you for your assistance.”

Posted: Wednesday Aug 29th, 2012 at 10:30 pm #23514
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Brian,

Have you read and followed all of the instructions explained inside Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options? Please read carefully all of the panels, as they contain all the information you need to properly integrate s2Member with CCBill.

Also, please be sure to read Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Quick Start Guide, as it contains everything you need to understand the basics of setting up and using s2Member, including the Registration Process.

I can confirm that you *do not* use CCBill’s user management if you’re using s2Member with CCBill.

Finally, if you believe you’ve correctly set up CCBill with s2Member and you’ve tried testing the registration/checkout process on your site using a test account without success, then I recommend enabling Logging (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Account Details -› Logging) and then testing again.

Once you’ve completed a test registration with logging enabled, please connect to your site via FTP and look in wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs/ for the log files. You can open those log files with a text editor (such as Notepad) and then copy/paste the log entries here for us to inspect. (Be sure to X-out any private information in the logs before posting, such as email addresses.)

Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 11:32 am #23589

Hello Raam,
Thanks for the response. Yes I have read the quick start guide multiple times… obviously still missing something and will read again.
yes I have gone through the CCBill options area with CCBill to make sure all the necessary info is in place.
Is the log files area the only place to look to see that the postback has been received from CCBill and the next step in s2member generating the new customer email is linked up or turned on?
Thanks again am reading away
Brian

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 4:31 am #23648
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Brian,

Yes, the log files will give us more information about what’s happening on the back end. If you’re making test transactions (i.e., simulating the purchase by pretending to be a buying customer) and you’re not receiving any emails or anything, then I suspect there’s either a problem with your testing process or there’s a problem with the s2Member -> CCBill communication.

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 5:56 am #23666

Hello Brian,

I took a quick look at your setup, and it appears that you have not configured all steps. You must use ccbill buttons generated by s2member shortcodes

(Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Buttons)

Please also ensure that you have entered the correct Form number, it must be a with dynamic pricing(Sometimes this is not present so you’ll have to start a support chat with ccbill and ask them to produce one(note the number))

(Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› ccBill® Account Details -› Form ( w/ Dynamic Pricing ))

If I’m mistaken and you are using s2member shortcodes can you please post the shortcode you are using.

Hope that helps

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 10:51 am #23704

Hi there,
Well I did get code for the “join now” link button from ccbill, where do i get the s2member short codes?
Ha well this could be it – what FORM number? and where do I find the form numbers?
Thank you for your assistance
Brian

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 11:07 am #23707

Hi Brian,

The button generator is under:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options

Named

ccBill® Buttons

There you can make your ‘join now’ buttons for each level by filling in price etc then pressing the ‘Generate Button Code’ button, that will produce a shortcode at the bottom like

[s2Member-Pro-ccBill-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Bronze Member / Description and pricing details here." cc="USD" custom="yoursite.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="2.95" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" image="default" output="anchor" /]

Which you copy and paste into your page/post where required.

As for the form, log into your ccbill account and start the live chat thing, tell them you need a form with ‘Dynamic Pricing’ this is crucial, then ask them what the name of the form is, it will be something like ‘146cc’ or ‘921cc’. Enter the name into the field located:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› ccBill® Account Details -› Form ( w/ Dynamic Pricing )

save the changes and you should be just about ready to go.

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 12:59 pm #23723

Hi Philly
In my ccbill account support gave me this code, which I have been using on our join now in our membership options tab.

Hello Brian,

Here are the linking codes for the CCBill sign up page. You will just need to replace this with what is on your website.

Linking codes for pricing option $29.95 for 30 days, then $29.95 recurring every 30 days
Button code:

Or

link code:
Join now

Linking codes for pricing option $79.95 for 90 days, then $79.95 recurring every 90 days

Button code:

Or

link code:
Join now

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 1:08 pm #23724

Yes I know but as your using s2member so thats no good, You only use their code if you want them to take care of protecting your pages and user management. If you don’t use s2members code it won’t know when somebody makes a purchase.

Start a new support message(use the live one, as it can be done there and then) Say your creating forms dynamically so need one with dynamic pricing

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 1:30 pm #23725

Ok I will do that, maybe I am getting caught up in dynamic pricing? we are using fixed pricing at 29.95 and 75.95, that is all we are offering. what do you mean by dynamic?
Thanks

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 1:37 pm #23727

s2member uses 1 form, so if you have one level at 29.95 and another at 75.95 you would need a dynamic form in order to switch between 29.95 and 75.95, so your price is only ‘fixed’ by level not by transaction

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 1:46 pm #23728

Just start live chat and say something like

Hello,

I’m just configuring my membership site using the s2Member plugin for WordPress.

In order to set this up correctly I need to configure a dynamic pricing form, as my site will use one form for all purchases, which will vary in amount.

Please can you set one up for me and tell me what its called? As its the only form I need you can make an existing one dynamic.

Could I also have my Triple DES Encryption Key. Sometimes referred to as a Dynamic Pricing Salt.

Thank you

They should do it instantly

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 2:50 pm #23733

Ok that is good info, now I do have a DES key are you saying I would need one for this form as well?

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 2:53 pm #23734

No just one, ignore that step if you’ve already done it.

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 4:04 pm #23736

Cool, thank you for you responses they have been the most helpfl. I was going to use a plugin called WP show ID.
Do I need a plug in to show the page/post numbers so I can assign them to the levels of membership or is this function already available and I have not seen it yet?
Thank you

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 4:21 pm #23738
Eduan

Hello Moshe,

That isn’t available within WordPress, you can only determine it using the URL right now, and that is if you use the correct permalink structure.

So your best bet is to use that plugin.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 4:26 pm #23739

Thanks
Not that advanced for permalinks, just havent learned them yet.
Thank you

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 5:34 pm #23747
Eduan

No problem, not really very advanced, just not SEO friendly at all. It’s the default one WordPress uses.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 58 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.