latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How does a user change payment options?

Home Forums Community Forum How does a user change payment options?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 10:06 am #30635
Echomango
Username: echomango

I am glad to report that the site is working and the recurring billing is functioning well. I set up a test user and had them subscribe with recurring billing and yes, it works, but now I need to know how to have that user turn off the recurring billing. Gulp. When I login as that user I can go to my “edit profile” pop-up and can logout but the link for “my account” which I am assuming will have the payment info simply goes back to the login-welcome page.

Have I forgotten something simple? Thanks for any help you might have.

Tom

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 1:46 pm #30655
cassel
Username: cassel

I think you can only cancel a recurring payment by going to Paypal (or whichever other gateway is used) and cancel there. I have not seen anything in s2M that allows that. Someone from s2M might have something else, but when i had issues (or customers of mine did), that is the route they had to go.

Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 2:44 pm #30661
Echomango

Thanks cassel. Interesting idea that it needs to be changed via the paypal interface. This would be a problem since I set up this fake account with a credit card rather than paypal. This leaves me scratching my head. There must be a way to cancel ones account from within S2? Maybe I am not thinking in the right direction here?

Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 3:05 pm #30665
cassel
Username: cassel

Since s2Member is not the one managing the payments, i dont think it has the functionality to edit it. Hopefully a support rep might confirm this or offer another option.

Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 10:42 pm #30725
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Echomango,

s2Member provides cancellation forms and buttons for this very purpose. Please see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Subscr. Cancellation Buttons and Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Cancellation Forms. Simply place a button or form on a “Cancellation” page and then point your user to that page if they want to cancel their subscription.

Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 11:43 pm #30729

This would be a problem since I set up this fake account with a credit card rather than paypal.

Then you either did it with PayPal Pro, or with PayPal Standard with ERP, right? If it’s PayPal Pro, then there’s the cancellation pro-form, as Raam pointed out.

If it’s PayPal Standard with ERP, I think you’ll need to cancel it for them, since the cancellation button just takes the user where he’d cancel it in his PayPal account, which they wouldn’t have in this case.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 6:49 pm #30824
Echomango

Thank you Cristián and Ram. Exactly what I needed to know. My apologies for not checking the pro forms. I didn’t even think of that and was expecting it to be in the user account menu. Now I know! Thanks.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 8:16 am #30880

Cool. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.