latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Link expired ??

Home Forums Community Forum Link expired ??

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Apr 1st, 2012 at 2:56 pm #9709
cassel
Username: cassel

I had a visitor who purchased a membership. The payment went through, but i didn’t see the registration go through as a new member. That was a few days ago. The customer finally contacted me saying that her internet went off before she could register an account as a member, but now, if she is using the link sent in the email, it leads to a
“Your Link Expired:
Please contact Support if you need assistance.”
Well, i have no clue how to manage that. If she register without the link, all the info like the ccaps, the EOT, and such will not be there. Can i get the link back? Can i generate another one?

How should i manage this situation?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  cassel.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Apr 1st, 2012 at 3:21 pm #9712
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello cassel, thanks for your inquiry.

If the link didn’t really expire, because the time limit you gave the link hasn’t passed, and yet it gives this error.

Then you might want to take a look under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› URL Shortening Service and change the options so that it uses Google’s link shortening device, I have seen this error when bit.ly shortening device doesn’t work properly.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Apr 1st, 2012 at 3:25 pm #9713
cassel

Is this a solution for the next instance or will it allow me to get another link that works for this particular customer?

Posted: Sunday Apr 1st, 2012 at 3:51 pm #9714
Eduan
Username: Eduan

This solution will solve the problem for future customers.

If you offer specific post/page access you might want to look under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Specific Post/Page Access Links to generate links for certain pages.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Apr 1st, 2012 at 4:11 pm #9717
cassel

It was not a specific post/page, but a ccaps.

How do you suggest i manage this particular customer’s situation?

Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 3:25 pm #9793
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Carole,

You can regenerate the registration link in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Registration Access Links.

Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 11:41 pm #9844
ryannagy
Username: ryannagy

When I am in this situation, I simply go to USERS > ADD NEW and manually create a new registration with a username and password. S2member then sends them the info (click the box that say “Send Password by Email.” It only takes a few seconds.

– Ryan

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 8:27 am #9865
cassel

Thanks Raam. It seems to work. Good to know that option is available.

Ryan, i could have done that, but i wanted everything to be entered automatically by s2M, instead of adding the ccaps, Paypal ID, and so on.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 1:43 pm #9888
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Glad to help, Carole! :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.