latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Members With Multiple Memberships

Home Forums Community Forum Members With Multiple Memberships

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  VegasKev 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Nov 12th, 2012 at 6:16 pm #31370
VegasKev
Username: vegaskev

I have a site that has 4 initial membership levels that are the primary stand-alone memberships which customers have the ability to choose from. However, once they purchase one of these, I have additional monthly recurring services that I would like to push to my members once they are already members of the site.

These additional monthly services, would not be considered “upgrades” to their existing memberships, rather they would be independent monthly services.

I’m trying to figure out the easiest to establish and easiest to manage means to accomplish this.

I thought about creating additional membership levels for the additional monthly services/products – as s2 member could then manage all of the accesses and billing procedures every month – however, my thoughts are that there might be some issues with s2member while trying to retain one membership while also adding another membership to the user…or maybe 4 or 5 additional memberships to the user. Also, while it’s easier, I’m tempted to believe that this will also be somewhat overkill to attach a ‘membership’ level to additional services….but then again, maybe it is the best way….hopefully someone here can tell me.

Thanks in advance.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Nov 12th, 2012 at 6:21 pm #31372
cassel
Username: cassel

At this point, s2M can only handle one recurring membership at the time per member. So if you have a member paying for a membership to Class A, they cannot have a concurrent membership to Class B unless you make it an upgrade and it becomes a membership for Class A+B, in one single recurring payment.

I heard they are working on that for the next major release, but there is no date for that.

Posted: Monday Nov 12th, 2012 at 6:38 pm #31378
VegasKev

Thanks for chiming in Cassel. I figured something like that would be an issue. What do you recommend I do to solve this? Is there a way to manipulate the a single purchase do have the payments divided into 12 monthly payments by chance? I haven’t messed with anything like this in S2Member as of yet, so I’m stuck at this point.

Or will I have to just use paypal purchase links on those upgrades and then find another way to organize and manage them? Ugh….

Posted: Tuesday Nov 13th, 2012 at 2:23 am #31418
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

cassel is correct: At this time, s2Member only supports one recurring subscription per s2Member account. If you need to add additional features and charge additional recurring amounts, you can do that with the Billing Modification forms (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms), but that will simply be modifying the existing subscription. It’s not currently possible to have 12 separate recurring monthly charges with one s2Member account.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 13th, 2012 at 3:44 am #31432
VegasKev

Thank you Raam. I’m still mapping out the best solution. I appreciate your feedback and the feedback of Cassell, as well as any future feedback from any readers of this thread.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.